Ovarian Cyst and Free Fluid

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I just wanted some advice and reassurance. I'm 40 years old, I've had free fluid in the pouch of Douglas in previous ultrasound scans dating two years back. I had another ultrasound recently and they found a simple cyst on left ovary, which I've never had previously and also free fluid again in the pouch of Douglas.

I had an ultrasound because I was getting pain during intercourse and also when I go for a poo and wee.

I've googled, and I shouldn't have, but all sorts of horrible scenarios are running through my mind. My GP has sent me a message saying I have been referred for a routine gynaecology appointment. my min keeps going to cancer and that it's been there for over two years and they didn't pick it up.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I am 38 and today i had a private pelvic scan, i also have a simple cyst but on my right ovary, the girl doing my scan said its nothing to worry about and they normally shrink after a few monthly cycles, she even said they don't normally re scan to check them as most clear by them selves, hope this helps you put your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.