Ovarian cyst missed periods and bad mental health

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i was wondering what i am feeling is normal. It all started with feeling down crying for no reason and anxiety attacks .My period was also late and i was having too pee more and having constipation. i had a cyst last year that was 5 cm and i remember it all started this exact same way . I went to my OB and they did an ultrasound and sure enough i have another cyst that is 4.9 cm . They also said i have Adenomyosis of uterus. Can anyone relate to the mental health part of this ? Also its been since Dec 3rd since last period its now February 22nd still no period. Can that be from the cyst ? The ultra sound was very uncomfortable and been in more pain since. Lower back , Hip, Butt and side of Ribs. Also very bloated, cant eat much , acid reflux and heartburn... If anyone can help i would appreciate it! FYI I am 46 😃

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey, i am going through this as well. yes cyst can do that and cause those symptoms. or endometriosis as well. its important you check up with your OBGYN as some can grow or dissolve and especially for missed periods. i just went to the ER friday and they did blood tests/ transvaginal scan and i had a hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary. i had a bad urge to urinate, severe back pain and headache felt weak, bad pelvic pain and cramps. i knew my cyst was back. my cyst last year was 2cm. but i was freaking out. he didnt tell me the size, but that it was bleeding. doc told me not to worry that it will go away on its on. as i was worried it was cancer, he was literally calming me down, thank god he was so sweet. (my anxiety is terrible) i have been having migraines, slightly elevated temp, could barely walk or move. they suspected i had endometriosis 2 years ago. but since i was little my doctor told my mom my eggs were floating. i also had a cyst on my ovary last year but not a bleeding one, it went away on its own. This Saturday i started bleeding was scared it was internal bleeding but was told my body will absord the blood i guess? but i feel fine otherwise, i get a bit nauseous now no vomiting or temp or dizzyness. just a bit of weakness that all goes on and off and bloated belly, twinges in my left leg and belly, pelvic area. also IBS symptoms, but not as bad as before. i will say though, i could not sleep at all. you feel terrible its so scary i know. it takes a toll on your mental health. hopefully it doesn't come back. i go to my obgyn Thursday to check up. i also have irregular periods i dont get mine for 4-5 months at a time. chronic back pain, and bloated belly. i look pregnant and im a small person. prayers for you it can be very debilitating i know, i hope it goes away and you get this resolved and checked out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.