Ovarian Cysts & Infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

evening all

ive had ongoing pain in my stomach and after recent ultrasound scans, my doctor has discovered i have cysts on both ovaries. I've been asked to go in for a vaginal swab before they refer me to Gynae as my bloods show no sign of PCOS.

My doctor orginally did a urine sample to test for pregnancy, would this have picked up any infections too (STD or otherwise) and would the doctor have told me this at the time?

Also want to know if anyone has experience of ovarian cysts on both sides? My doctor wants me referred as she thinks its unusual

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What kind of cysts? Fluid/simple or complex/dermoid? I've had both. If it's fluid they can be hella painful but should go away on their own.

• Posted

Dr didn't specify! She just told me there were cysts on both ovaries. 8

im having a swab tomorrow but i dont know whether they'll find anything else that the original urine test would have shown

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.