Ovaries removed can't have HRT help!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had my ovaries removed about 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Tina I believe your post got cut off. Can you elaborate?
    • Posted

Didn't realise it had . Don't understand why then. I had put on bloood thinners and can't take herbal or natural products is anyone in same boat as I am not sleeping at night due to hot flushes

• Posted

Hi Tina

I had my ovaries removed four weeks ago and was told I had to go on HRT to replace the hormones. The first couple of weeks I felt ok but now I have heart palpitations, high blood pressure and really bad hot flushes/night sweats. I went to the doctor the other day and was then told I can't go on HRT because my blood pressure is too high. There seems to be loads of information out there for people going through a natural menopause but not much for surgical menopause. I'm not sure whether I should take herbal remedies or not. I've looked in to bio-identical hormones but they cost a fortune. It seems like you are just left to fend for yourself with no information. There is a company that sells a cream with estrogen and progesterone in it but again I don't know whether it would be safe to take when you have blood/ heart problems. It's so frustrating!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.