Ovulation pains

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all!

Hope you all are getting on okay. My question is, do any of you experience headache, lower back pain, groin pain, and leg pain while you are ovulating? I've been having this all day and I'm due to ovulate in a day or two. I will be soooo glad when all of this is over.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes to all of it.  This is a new one for me, has been happening over the last couple of months but last month was so severe, with headache and sharp ovary pain, thigh pain and lower back.  Had to stay in bed with it, lasted two days and headache lasted two more after that. That was the worst month I've had with this and funny enough when it was over, I have not had a pain since. so maybe nearing the end of this??  Do have new symptoms now though, sinusitis and a new one, tooth pain with no obvious cause. But these things I can put up with, they're mild in comparison to above.  Really done with all this now!!

• Posted

Hi, i have something similar for last couple of months (still in peri). Around ovulation i feel very low, have migraine/sinus like headache, feel strange in my belly. It takes two or three days. Last week i had the symptoms, i was depressed, felt like ill, not myself. Then it was suddenly gone, and the next day I felt my usual peri self.
  • Posted

Yes I do at the moment - wouldn't have a clue if it's due to ovulation as periods not happening very regularly but currently have lower back pain, leg and thigh pain, hip pain, neck pain and headache. It's really painful and sometimes can barely get up off the sofa - it's eased this morning but still a niggling pain. Not feeling good about it and wish it would go away 

• Posted

This was me yesterday--not able to get up off the couch. After I got home from work I could hardly walk. The fact that I have to stand all day on my job doesn't help either. 🙄

• Posted

Hi yes I get all these symtoms really bad except the headaches. I still get really heavy periods but have every other symptom especially the lower back pain sore legs. I have just bought a ladycare magnet. I will let you all know if it works. Recommended from my GP. I have been wearing it for 24hrs a day for two weeks now. Last night was the first night I have slept through to 6am for over a year. So heres hoping it works.I keep everyone posted it has good reviews.

• Posted

I have one of those. It gave me a lot of anxiety. I spoke with the people at Ladycare and they told me not to wear it 24 hours to see if the anxiety subsided but suggested that I wear it during the day only. Well when I did that I couldn't tell if it was doing anything at all. So it's just sitting in my dresser drawer in the box. I'm glad it's helping you. I didn't have much success with it.

• Posted

Hi. 

I suffer with pain in my lower back and hips, only when my period is due. 

My doctor suggested Ibuprofen which does help a little, also I use the 'stick on' heat pads while I'm at work and use a hot water bottle at home. 

• Posted

Yes, all of the same for me. Plus horrible digestive issues.

Super-fun are the times when something externally stressful happens while I approach ovulation... job stress, sick kids or husband, unexpected expenses... or all of the above.

You are not alone. I have an appt next week to discuss this very thing with my GYN, and will let you kow how it goes.

• Posted

Please do. I have tried herbal things to help. Doesn't seem like a lot of things work for me. I'm tempted to go to my GYN to get on the mini pill to see if it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.