PACs or PVCs with exercise?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.

I have previously posted about my history and troubles with PACs and PVCs. As I go through this latest round of palpitations, I have noticed something more concerning. As I go for brisk walks or an easy going workout on an elliptical, I have sensing more palpitations. My heart does not race, but I can feel the extra beat several times many times during my walks, getting groceries, or on my treadmill. This seems to be a new symptom and it is concerning. What are your experiences with this. My most recent EKG was normal and both my primary doc and ER doc told me not to worry. I am seeing an electrophysiologist in a couple of days and I am sure they will put me back on a monitor or have another stress echo done. My last monitor was two years ago (all normal) and my last full stress echo was in 2019...again all normal.

When I workout and I sense these extra beats, I am not feeling any pain or like I am going to pass out. My anxiety simply gets worse...which of course leads to move extra beats right? The extra beats calm down a bit but I feel them the rest of the evening. They do tend to go away when I am trying to sleep, but the moment I wake up, they start again.

Finally, I do get extra beats after eating a meal and this goes on for a bit. You fine folks get these too?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your electro doc will like do nothing other than offer another beta blocker. You don't have enough of a burden to treat aggressively. I know that because I'm in the same situation as you and saw everyone. I'm still be tortured but am getting better at pulling myself out of it. Your body immediately goes into fight or flight which worsens the issue. I'm doing some health related CBT. Try getting hooked up with that. You have to train your brain to not recognize this as an emergency. You are still here and if it was anything life threatening you wouldn't be here to talk about it. Start living!!!

• Posted

I usually get extra beats during and after eating. When walking I do not usually get them. I understand why you are concerned about exercising and feeling the extra beats. I have them throughout the day and its so alarming at times. I am glad to not notice them when walking, but I don't understand why they are so prevalent at other times. Best of luck

• Posted

This sounds exactly like me. I run daily and some days when my HR is ramping up i begin getting them . When i'm at full intensity it usually stops. it will also happen when i'm like walking to take the trash out. of course when that happens the anxiety takes over and so does the frequency. i've been living this nightmare for years. I know health care professionals dismiss this and make you feel crazy but we are not. hope is gets better for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.