Pain on right side my belly incision

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all~

I had developed a incisional hernia at my belly incision after 3 months post op removed gallbladder on Aug 2016. On December 2016 I go back for a check and my doctor said my hernia defect not more than 1 cm.

Now in Feb'17, I feel tickle sensation on certain movement like someone playing ur belly, pain on my right side of my belly incision when I changing my sleeping side, and oso burning sensation...

Izzit my hernia defect become bigger? or inflammation? 

Thanks~

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had 2 incesional hernia surgeries.  First one without mesh which didn't work and the second one a 5 hour surgery putting in mesh.  Yes, your hernia can grow and grow it will.  The worst part is your intestines can become entrapped and strangulate. I had entrapped intestines but they never strangulated. A strangulation requires immediate emergency surgery.  You want to avoid this so you need to get your hernia taking care of.  

Take care and good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Judith,

Ic ic~ I cant check izzit my intestines stucking o not coz i dont see any bulge there... but it starting to feel pain (not always, certain movement) on this month. Izzit some of hernia dont hv bulge? or mayb the defect too small to hv a bulge yet? and izzit will tickle? the tickle sensation sometimes make me uncomfortable... 

• Posted

Chat with your doctor. I am sure he or she can help better than a forum like this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.