Painful breasts, no periods

Posted , 5 users are following.

A while back I went 5 months with no periods then I had one lightish one. Since then I'm on month 5 again with no period. Around a month ago my breasts became painful and I can't lie on my front. I also felt like my period would start but it didn't. So I'm still left with the tender breasts and tiredness. I often feel kind of flat in my mood too. Should I visit the doctor or just accept my menopause is happening? I'm almost 47. Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I AM almost 47 myself and in menopause. You could be starting menopause. If you can hold off not using drugs for menopause that would be great if you can't than go see your doctor about medications you can take 

Take care and esase into menopause slowly

• Posted

Hi Peppa (cute name) : both.... visit the doctor definitely and consider that you may be approaching menopause. T
  • Posted

Hi peppa pig, I like your name. I just read Alice in Wonderland for a course I am giving to some junior high school students, and here you are!

I think there are a lot of things you can do for the symptoms of menopause, but it definitely is a time to step down your activities. No matter what I do, I am weaker than I was, and when I consider that the hormones are changing and changing, it is no wonder. I would visit the doctor and get your blood checked, at least for iron, and if possible for hormone levels  (although that check is not very reliable). It is really a time in your life to focus on you and your health. A lot of people suffer from low mood, and it is a good thing to consider how you handle stress, and how other people give you stress, and how to let it go (as much as you can, and I know it really does depend on the situation you are in). Lots of people on this forum are using menopace as a supplement and it probably would help you. There are a lot of herbal remedies, in fact, you can google them. It's a good way to drop money! 

It'll be a while so just ease yourself down on an easy chair for the next few years. Take good care.

• Posted

Given your age and symptoms; perimenopause is highly likely.  I too have experienced these symptoms but Doctors generally just think perimenopause is hot flushes and night sweats.  It is much more than that and no one prepares us for it.  Even so, it's best to see the Doctor to see if you have cysts or fibroids.
  • Posted

Hi Peppa! I too have very painful breasts that seem to last longer than just a few days before and during my cycle. I quite cystic and have my yearly breast check up just to make sure. I'm 45. I have just finished my period but the pain is still there, although not as bad as in the previous days. I suppose it all has to do with the change taking place in our bodies. It's always good to see a doctor if symptoms persist or get worse. A hot compress might work too. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.