Painful Ectopic Ventricles (extra beats) cause Pins and Needles with Hormonal timing

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys, 31 year old female, began experiencing regular ectopic beats about a year ago.

the first day they were happening regularly enough to panic me and I got an ambulance to ER.

they recorded "ectopic ventricles".

i have had a 24 hour halter that didn't catch any, but I knew that as the timing in my cycle was wrong.

they are problematic and more frequent around ovulation and as period starts.

the halter showed some anomalies so referred to cardiologist who requested stress echo.

whole Corona thing happened so they did my consult over the phone. stress echo showed

"extra beats" but nothing to concern them.

I am willing to accept it's just something I'll have to live with but I still occasionally get a scary episode.

it always Happens in bed at night, again very related to where I'm at in my cycle.

I'll have a super forceful ectopic that makes my head SPIN and a rush of pins and needles all over my body.

sometimes a Sharp stabbing pain in left breast at same time.

have had ones so violent I jolt upright grasping my chest completely uncontrolled.

afterwards I am sort of overcome by a warm and calm sensation. very different to the normal extra beats I feel sometimes over the course of the day.

does anyone else have similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had two very violent ones that knocked me off my feet. Once I hit the floor and the other time landed on my bed as I was getting undressed.

• Posted

wow! and you've had medical opinions that they're just ectopics and not a danger?

• Posted

Hi Megan, i haven't had all my tests, but Dr. listened to my heart, heard extra beat. Ekg showed extra beat, Blood work was ok. Have to have echocardiogram, and 24 monitor. I have those sensations too. It's so miserable and scary.

• Posted

yes! I've experienced this! same timing, worse during ovulation and cycle, painful, and sometimes makes me grasp my chest. I also get a hollow feeling in my chest and neck and shoulder pain. I have also had many other symptoms in addition to these.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.