Palpitations (PVCs) EVERYDAY!!!

Posted , 138 users are following.

Im 32 yo female, 3 kids, happily married, with wonderful job, my life is soooo good!! Soooo Why during the pregnancy of my 3rd (there was alot if stress at this time, selling house, buying a house, time frames, changing positions at work, etc) I was having these heart flutters randomly...told my OB and she said see a cardiologist...I told her I have had a random flutter here or there usually during a panic attack. Come to find out after EKG, ECHO, and 24 hr holter monitor, that there were PVCs happening not alot, but definitely showed up......Dr. told me your fine! However I have had these flutters/palpitations/PVCs almost everyday, some a stronger than others, and some are barely noticable. The other night it last so long that my husband laid his head on my chest and could hear my heart beibg crazy. Im going to go back to Dr., Im a mess all day everyday thinking Im going to go into cardiac arrest if it happens. Please help, feed back, suggestions!!!

7 likes, 228 replies

228 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Dear Michelle

Sorry to hear about your concerns.

As far as I am aware pvc episodes are common and nearly all of us will experience them at some time. Some people on this forum have suffered them for many years.While it's no comfort to you that they may be common hopefully if your medical contacts can assure you your heart is healthy that can ease your mind a little.

Best of luck.

Gap

• Edited

I have suffered with these buggers since I was seventeen years old. I am now 77. They find nothing. I do however have mild mitral valve regurg. The Vagus nerve is responsible for many palps. Relax...don't let your nerves take over.

• Edited

P.S. Forgot to mention that lying on your back will help lesson the skips and lying on your left side makes it worse.

• Edited

I'm 28 and began experiencing 1,000 to 10,000 of these a day 3 months ago. I've been living in fear since September. My GP and cardiologist both assume they're benign, but I'm terrified they're a diabetes complication. The notable difference of diabetes aside, it's good to know there's someone out there who's had them for decades with no problem. Thank you!

• Edited

The more you worry; the more it seems you get. It's hard to place them in the back of your mind... but if you can it will help.

• Edited

thank you so much for your input Richard. I have found comfort in reading all these posts, but I'm most comforted by your posts. Do you have mitral valve prolapse as well? Or just regurgitation? I've had PVCs for 15 years now and I thought that was a long time. I see you have had them for much longer! Any words of advice for how to not let the sensations of PVCs be so upsetting?

• Edited

No mitral valve problems except regurge. plenty of PVC's though. You will be fine if you've been checked by you doctor. Don't be like me; years ago I worried self to death and I am till here at 77. The Vagus nerve plays a large role in sometimes causing these buggers. I know it's difficult but try not to think about them. P.S. lying on your left side can cause more and make them more noticeable. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Iroh, when you say 1,000 to 10,000 what type are they? can you describe the feeling?

• Edited

I sincerely hope you are doing better. I had quite a episode last night...ignored it and it finally dissipated. Relax and have a good day.

• Edited

I started suffering when I was 21, and now I'm 72. They were really awful last night. ive been having them for 2 weeks straight! They are usually exacerbated by stress.

• Edited

1. I wish we could end these for good, however, I believe they are here to stay. Thinking of you... Have a good night.
    • Edited

Hi! What episode did you have? Have you had any more episodes? I'm still doing the same, PVCs throughout the day every day. Some days are worse than others. This week I keep having couplets/triplets of PVCs and it scares me because I'm afraid one of these days these short runs of PVCs are going to start and not stop- and after 30 seconds that's ventricular tachycardia! I try to ignore it and do relaxation exercises to keep the anxiety down, but I really hate these things.

• Posted

Does anyone ever have their heart rate drop really low. At times mine has dropped into the 40's... I have suffered with the skips and crazy heart for 60 years.

• Edited

Yes. My heart rate is around 48 at night. Usually low to mid 50s during the day. I'm 62 and have had skips for 17 years. After a full workup at the beginning, the heart doc said I was "fine". The skips used to be on and off, but since July have been mostly on. I think I get up to 18,000 per day on bad days. No other symptoms. The doc said don't come back unless they go over 20,000. I work out daily and try to remain active, but the anxiety is sometimes overwhelming. I wonder about long covid. It helps very much having this forum.

• Edited

I know how you feel. I've had them since I was 17, I am now 78. The past week they have been constant; both day and night. Enough to drive you crazy. Have a good night. We will talk again. Ìt's difficult but try not to worry.

• Edited

hi i am getting pvcs all the time when they start they almost last for whole day every minute I have them it is really scary I was in the hospital for 14 days they did all kind

of tests. they even did angiography for me but turns out everything is normal yet the doctor who did the angiography for me told me I might have electrical problem. I took potasium and magnisium supplements it helps to eliminate half of them but they are still there. I am so scared all the time that I don't even plan for my future. u am crying everyday.

• Edited

try to hang in there! try to find some comfort that everything seems normal - that means the structure of your heart seems to be in good shape. stay busy if you can take lots of deep breaths with some stretches. my heart's fluttering as I write this! these *%^ing PVCs!!!!

• Edited

Hi there,

I am new to these. I started experiencing them about a week ago. EKG, blood tests, and chest x-ray came back normal. I suffer from anxiety also. I have been referred to a cardiologist to rule out other stuff, but the doctors do not seem concerned. This has become such a worry for me. I am glad I am not alone. I just want this to stop. I have them all day, but they never exceed 20-25 an hour. I just want things to go back to normal.

• Edited

Started this past week again. Damn things last all day and drive me looney. You would think at 78 years old I could fine relief, but I guess not. lying on left side only encourages them somehow. Bless you all for I know and understand just how you feel. Until next time, I hope you all can have a good night.

• Posted

It is so discouraging when they start again. They are so darn random. Your comments are very helpful for me when they hit. I'm trying to learn to focus on enjoying the quiet times while I can. I hope you got some rest.

• Edited

Know exactly how you feel. This past week skip after skip all day and night. A couple of episodes of racing heart. Gotta figure out some good resolve for these things or go mad trying. You hang in there and will talk again soon. let me know if you discover some good remedies.

• Edited

You take it easy and have a good night. I am going to try some Magnesium. Talk to you soon.

• Posted

You are going to be fine. Your symptoms are similar to mine and like me, you will make it to an old age and one day laugh at yourself for all the worry. I am good at preaching and yet I complain more than anyone. We are going to be fine. We will talk again soon.

• Posted

Quite often you can try a vagal manuver. Pinch your nose. and with mouth closed, attempt to exhale through a straw for about 10 to 15 seconds. This also works for short bouts of tachycardia.

• Edited

I have walked around for a while or did some small task to keep my mind occupied...helps a bit. Wore a

Irhythym heart monitor for a week recently showed slight bouts of tachycardia and pvc's and pac's...really. What's new??? They do nothing but talk.

• Posted

hi,

new to this forum, butnot to pvcs, pacs...started wheni was 29, 76 now...they scare me more the older i get...now they have gotten tobothering me when i sleep, or when i get up to go to the bathroom...when i get back in bed, they start up again...leaves me tired and worried....so glad i found this forum....iwish for any feedback and it is comforting to read these posts.....have a good night..

• Posted

no fun is it im trying to ignore them not check the funny feeling is a pvc . not take my pulse. Just be normal. It will NOT define me. much love deep breaths

• Edited

Take it easy Tom, you will be fine. Like you, mine began at 17 and I am now 78. Recently wore an Irhythym monitor. I read the results and was actually worried. My doctors response: nothing to be concerned about...??? Really

• Edited

No, it isn't fun at all. Such a mind game. They appear in a random fashion - I can find no reason for their return or why they go away for a while. I felt so fortunate to have had a break, but they are coming back now and it fills me with dread. The anxiety cannot help matters. I will continue to work on coping. Your comment about deep breaths is, I think, truly helpful. We must keep moving forward. It will not define me.

• Posted

thanks richard,

it's the ones i feel when trying to go to sleep, or when they wake me or i just feel them when i get up to go to the bathroom, then get back into bed, they are relentless...tri geminy, all kinds of skips, and flips, left side, ride side, laying on back, but when i sit up or walk around, they subside however the night's sleep is ruined....but thanks for the response, and so glad i founf this forum....these things are nasty.....

• Posted

thanks jan,

like i mentioned to richard, its the ones at night, in bed, trying to sleep, waking up in the middle of a sleep

to go to the bathroom, then getting back into bed, and wham, they start up again...stressful, then more come on...may try an extra klonopin for the anxiety and maybe some decent sleep at least for a few hours.

thanks for your reply and so glad i found this forum....these things are mind messing.....

• Posted

yes, my cardiologists mention that they are benign....and i just kind of nod my head in relief, but after this early a.m. episode of tri geminy waking me up, i just have doughts, my 7 day holter monitor did nor reveal anything deadly, lots of pacs, 729 isolated pvcs .... it didnt catch the tri geminy and irregular regular rhymn

thanks

• Edited

the only thing that seems to help e in the nigh, or wee hours, is just to sit up, or get out of bed and walk around. then the heart goes back to normal beating....gosh, at 76, i should get used to it...but, these things

are really bugging me....its almost maddening...thanks and have a peaceful day and night

• Edited

I'm replying to Tom but I'm really replying to everyone who are so understanding and helpful on here . Thankyou. I don't feel so alone dealing with these bloody things. It makes me frightened to do things like drive the kids round or plan a holiday. I'm doing them but am so anxious about it. Ive had a 7 day holter and an echocardiogram in July but am still waiting for a cardiologist appointment. (There are a few problems in the NHS here in UK ) My GP has read the reports and thinks 26000 pvc s over 7 days is ok. He says my heart report is ok so stop worrying about them. my pulse was down to 38 in the night and usually around 55-60 in the day. Its always been slow so that doesn't worry me. I was offered Bisoprolol but that made me lightheaded so I stopped it. So I'm stuck with the bloody things. They come and go . Stay a while but always there at some point in the day. You're all so brave,I suppose you have to be and its nice to see you and me are alive, after decades for some of you of these dam things. Thanks guys and girls .

• Edited

it is scary....for me lately because i am 76 now and these wake up in the wee hours of bigeminy or trigeminy go on awhile until i sit up or get up and walk around...nerve wracking...im going back wednesday to my cardiologist and ask her questions....hope she is up for it...everytime i eat usually pm, they act up...trying to go to sleep can be worrysome....i hope that you can get some relief...the one thing that i clinge to is that since 29, ive had these longer lasting episodes and im 76 now...god bless all of you who contribute your personnal experiences with these horrible feeling extra beats....pvcs, pacs, etc...i feel like ive joined a club where i belong.....try not to let your anxiety get the best of you....like it can with me....i have to resort to a .5 klonopin when the nerves get really bad....good luck to you and all

• Edited

sending love im 70 in 3 weeks but am in denial coz i dont feel it . Right now im with family in the French alps was VERY stressed before coming and now im here and its snowing and im distracted by jids weather getting lost carrying skis etc its FINE .When they get me at night i read . Be strong Tom

• Posted

thanks Jan for the nice reply...the French Alps must be pretty...my palpitations really get to me in the later evening...after i eat or especially when i first get up to go to the bathroom... then back to bed for a few hours, then they start up...the bi geminy and tri geminy patterns continue and although they have been checked out, I FEEL them stronger than before..but like ive read here and on other forums, all you can do is endure and try not to let your nerves get the best of you....easier said than done...but, i am grateful for

these forums and a chance to share experiences with these awful things...hope you enjoy your family and the French Alps....and thank you for the encouragement. I am in the states...hope to talk again...

• Edited

i feel a bit smug sometimes because im busy and do ignore them then like you..... thump thump.......and my scared self comes back. My husband is aware i have them but i do not talk to anyone because i just want them to go away and get on with life and no one know im struggling . If i dwell on it i feel neurotic . My general doctor is the only one ive discussed it with and he is very laid back..and i found this forum which is good because it feels less lonely. We will talk more on here. Thankyou for taking the time to communicate.

A touch of normal.... Im trying to make a very expensive coffee (de caff of course) last a long time while i shelter from the snow coming down and reflect that even tho im at altitude, walked miles up to this point up hill, have no pain or breathlessness but crazy thumps and bumps are distracting me.... im lucky, im healthy, im ok even tho my stupid brain is trying to tell me otherwise. I can do this and no one knows im a bit of a nervous wreck. In the middle of the night so can you. Think of a beautiful place and snow falling and noisy people and something nice to do tomorrow oh and have a small meal and loosen your trouser belt. Slow your breathing... in through the nose out thro the mouth.

• Posted

that is good advice...so glad to be on this forum....it seems like despite your pvcs, you are able to do very good workouts and that is a good sign....and you seem positive...im not doing that well mentally with things

the way they are. but it comes with the 'golden years'....but once i can get through this long bout of what i hope is stress related pvcs I will be ok...im having total hip replacement on Feb 14....can't wait....been putting it off too long...i want to get back to walking normally....hoping your pvcs thumps, thuds, and sometimes pokes, subside....i hope you and everyone have a peaceful mellow night....

• Edited

you are so kind. youve alot to be stressed about. My knees need attention like your hips but my pain is ok at the moment obviously no skiing any more but how can i complain? keep chatting on this forum if it helps.I feel ive made a new friend. Next week when im home and its raining these thumps will be more noticeable so im filling my brain with anti anxiety now. Have you planned for your hip op? A decent book and perhaps some nice music or interesting podcasts to listen to? How about a funky pair of socs for your physio and some jazzy underpants so you dont flash when youre doing your exercises. We have to tell ourselves we can do anything and do it. Youve had these ectopics so long you know them well . Perhaps better than your kid. They get in your head. Theyre not hurting your heart or you wouldnt even be getting the new hip. Go Tom 2023 is going to be a good start ❤

• Edited

thanks for the nice reply and good advice..i am sometimes stressed out over the ectopics, hip replacement.

like you have said here and others, stress, anxiety, pvcs all a vicious cycle...last night was a bad night for them. but, we are all knowing what these ectopics can be like....im going to cardiologist tomorrow...still have the pre op nurse on the 31st to check me out....my cardiac approval for this from last july is still good as far as they are concerned so ive been told...its very nice to have people to share these experiences with..

your outlook is upbeat and i am Grateful for your advice and i will take it....i feel like ive made a new friend as well..was watching a great Sherlock Holmes film from a collection of 14 Basil Rathbone films....great sets, stories....it keeps some of these pesky pvcs and couplets from getting too far into my head....much thanks JEN, we will chat again...hope your pvcs, pacs stay at an absolute minimum.....

• Posted

thanks again Jan for the upbeat reply...and yes, i am going to try to remain confident in what you have said, and other folks here....it certainly helps to chat on these forums...good advice all the way....hope 2023 will be good for everybody...its always amazed me how these episodes that can last days, weeks or months can just seem to disapear for awhile, then come back....its always puzzled me..but 76 now, and well...very fortunate....

• Edited

I'm ŕight with you Tom. I am78 and have had these buggers since I was 17. lately have had three faster beats then a few slower; enough to drive you nuts. Doc says no concern??? So...what do we do?? We'll talk again soon. Take care.

• Posted

right back with you richard....see the cardiologist today...and already trying not to stress...having a much needed hip surgery 14 feb...but ive been getting these bi geminy tri geminy episodes in the wee hrs upon arrising to go to the bathroom, and sometimes after i eat....my gerd is a problem....echocardiogram was ok.

its maddening...and even after all these years scary...but you said, and others, just cant let yours nerves get the best of you...i am an anxious person anyway...but like you, im still here, and thanks for replying, and thank heaven for this forum...so, we just chin up, endure...thats all we can... sometimes if i sit up or walk around they subside....having to belch helps....taking my beta blocker helps...chating on this forum helps..

thank goodness ...we'll talk again soon... take care

• Edited

how did the cardiology appointment go? Hope youre all set up for your new bionic hip.

• Posted

it went....i told her about the palpitations, skips, thuds in the early a.m. and my GERD related belching up acid and etc...and also explained to her, that there seemed to be a connection with my sitting up and the episode of pvcs going back into normal sinus beats....she decided to change my BP meds and come back in

in two weeks, and see how it is....I'm 76 with it within 137-140 range over 70' 80s...that's really not that bad....but im trying to not give in to my anxious thoughts and projections....if all goes well, I'll end up with a new hip, if not, I'll keep on this way...which could be a heck of a lot worse.....thank you kindly for your reply

and for asking....hope all is well with your palpitations...

• Posted

ive had these scary annoying episodes of pvcs since i was 29...im 76 now..but i have to admit, this particular episode of them, has been on and off with maybe a 2 day off, since around JULY....so im a little tired of them...but we just chin up,

and try to keep our nerves from getting away from us. have a happy peaceful weekend...

• Edited

Hi Tom. My pvcs started up in earnest in July also. What was it about July? I've had them for close to 20 years, but never this many before. Doc said not to worry (right!) and not to come back unless they occurred 20,000 times a day. I got pretty close to that many days. After months of this and constant anxiety, they've backed off some. Raising the head of my bed has helped me get better sleep, which is key. This is a roller coaster ride, but I'm working on enjoying the peaceful times. When I'm pvc free, so many things I've taken for granted seem so wonderful! When they hit I concentrate on relieving the anxiety. This forum helps most of all. It's really nice not feeling so alone.

May you have a peaceful weekend and beyond.

• Edited

hi Tom

reading your experiences has given me a little bit of reassurance. I am currently on day 12 of persistent PVCs and had an ECG and echo yesterday - all clear. Of course the PVCs stayed quiet while i was in the appointment and didnt show up on the scan but as soon as I left .. bam they started again. its getting me down an awful lot but what else can we do.

Best, Helena

• Posted

hi Helena,

im glad you got some comfort from these posts..i do as well...days like today and last night were maddening.

it seems like whenever i ear something later usually in the night, or when im in a sleep, these pvcs act up....

as ive said, tri geminy and irregular regular patterns. im going back friday for a second holter monitor and wear it for five days to see if these are any different....than the last one....i am getting labs done to test for magnesium, potasium, LDL, ... start a new beta blocker tomorrow, Caevedilol 12.5 mg twice a day to replace lopressor and hczt....and am hoping all this can be done in such a way as to not postpone my hip surgery on Feb 14....thank you, and like others here have said, try not to give in to jitters...like i so sometimes....im gonna take a .5 klonopin tonight before going in....worry about sleeping now...

just ride with it, and thanks .....

• Edited

hi Tom sounds like you're not getting much peace from these buggers. I'm home now and without the distractions of my holiday am feeling more of them and am miserable and missing the family. I'm keeping busy and really trying not to dwell on any of the symptoms. Trouble is i come to this site to see how everyone is getting on. id like a mood transplant why does a few duff beats make you feel so down and miserable? Looking forward to hearing youre awake after your hip op and raring to go .

• Posted

hi Jan,

thanks for the post..i'm sorry your holiday is over and you feel the thuds again....mine are bothersome now in the middle of the night which kind of makes them scarier...thanks for the upbeat sentiment about the hip surgery..i think what you said about duff beats making you feel down and miserable may be because they are not part of our normal life experience, and until they start up, we take the wonderful peacful regular beats for normal...we are not used to having skips, thuds, multi flip flops when we are eating, resting, or even worse, trying to sleep...but hang tough....and if your doctor has told you that they are of a benign nature, take some comfort...I try to, but sometimes well.....have a nice peaceful day and evening...

• Edited

Hi Tom: Have been on 250 mil of Magnesium for the past. week and a half. Has made a giant difference. I hope it's not a fluke. Will keep you posted. Take care.

• Posted

I have a heart rate that drops really low when I am sleeping to low 40s i have bradycardia. but my doctor said it was normal for my body. I am 43 and started suffering from PVCs for 4 months now. what sucks is i get about 10,000 a day when i have my episodes. they usually last about a week then go away for about 2-6 weeks and then out of the blue come back. It really sucks. I am also having to have open heart surgery in the future due to a Aortic Root Aneurysm. Which the doctor said is not the cause of my PVCs. But it was because of the PVCs that they gave me the Angiogram that found it. So it has not been the best 4 Months. 😦

Glad to hear that you are still alive after all these years of dealing with them. Its not a fun thing to go through.

• Posted

Same here 😃 when two times for EKGs and no PVC at all but next day they always started.

Here in Germany :

• For me ( 39 ) they started after i had covid. ( in the past they happened as one PVC when was vaping but one skipped beat in 2-3 months ) After covid they started regularly.
      • It happened as episodes when i was traveling after 2-3 days being out from hose. back home, all normal.
      • They behave only when my BPM is between 70 and 99. If i do sport BMP > 100 they do not appear during this high rate.
      • Now they happen once per month and last 2-3 days , under 1000 per day ( as i feel them )
      • Doctors said my heart is in shape and nothing to worry ( still have High Blood Pressure for which i take medication )
      • As my heart rate is around 70, Bisoprolol 2,5 mg works like a charm , i take them only if i cannot stand the palpitations anymore and in 30 min they disappear ( its effect last 24 hours ). During this time my Heart rate drops to 55.
      • I took as recommended Mg and Q10 ( Tomocardin expert ) but no effect on decreasing or stopping them. Of course i have very few when they happen.
      • Doctors recommended to use Bisoprolol and IF is getting unbearable they can check the heart ablation procedure and dig it further.

What i've seen as was already mentioned by the other people, anxiety is a critical factor. When stressed or worried , it just happen.

I still believe that Covid had a role into it, or maybe the whole stress happening ( Covid, war, new job ) lead to this palpitations appearance.

Take care

• Edited

Hi Emmabug1990. I've had PVCs for years. They definitely come and go! They got better with menopause and I would only get them occasionally. This past October they reared their ugly head with a vengeance! Had holter and echo. Holter shows ectopics (PVCs) and echo is OK. Cardio changed pressure meds from Atenolol to Propranalol hoping that new med will suppress PVCs. It's scary and can be depressing. I'm trying to stay busy - and walking seems to help! Sitting/resting they are brutal. Hang in there, we need to have faith even when our common sense is telling us something else!!

• Posted

everything u said reminds me of myself if i get a few hours without any i feel amazing and think hopefully they have gone but as soon as i get 1 im a wreck again I talk to my partner but he can't understand because he's never had them

• Posted

Hi, I just joined this after having PVC issues for years and now I'm being referred to an EP....if my calculations are right, you are over 20% at your worst? I am reading conflicting things about intervention before you hit 20%. That's where I'm at on my bad days...and I unfortunately had my monitor on one of those very bad days and I'm fighting to get one for a longer duration.

Like you, I am pretty active. My initial workup from the cardiologist was normal, echo and 2 EKGs were good but then I got the monitor. I have a number of supplements I'm taking daily to avoid deficiencies. Trying to destress since I know that is the biggest factor, but with having kids and just life in general, it's really a challenge.

• Posted

Hi, sorry to jump in but this thread has been great to find. Can I ask what type of magnesium you are taking? I have a mag taurate/glycinate/malate blend that I don't think is strong enough.

My dad has had an irregular heartbeat for over 30 years and talking to him is reassuring but he is not sure what his PVC burden is....I just had a monitor on a day I was very tired and stressed, much more than usual, and my burden came back at 20%. That was concerning. I had a work up before the monitor that showed no isssues at all, after a normal echo I wasn't even supposed to get a monitor but I did and now there's this. Do you have any idea what your burden is?

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Gina. Yes, mine can go pretty high, but like you, I was told my heart is structurally sound. Like a lot of others on this forum, mine increased significantly for some months last year. Anxiety through the roof! I'm solidly in the vagus-nerve-probably-caused-this camp. So I concentrate on digestion and respiration health. I do think small adjustments like supplements have made a difference for me, but it does take time, and anxiety is certainly an issue. I'm glad you are here. This forum helped me a great deal.

Keep in mind you are still in control of your health decisions. Your appointment with the EP can give you information so you can better make those decisions. And the decision of whether or not to do anything is yours.

• Posted

i went to Dr because i was having palpatations and My smart watch was picking up a pulse in 40s which I felt heart racing So I thought was weird. I got ekg and HR was not in fact 40s it was 100s. Cardio said that the pulse ox will not pick up pvcs or skipped beats so it is not truly 40s.

• Posted

Mine is just Magnesium Oxide. I guess there are better forms, however this seems to work for me, unless it's just nature for them to slow down to almost nothing and then, one day to return with a vengeance.

• Posted

Started having many of these again all day and night. I have not been on the site for awhile however I am still alive and kicking. Like I have told myself these unfortunately are something I am going to live with the rest of my life. How are you lately and are yours still driving you crazy? Hope to hear from you. Take care.

• Posted

mine are back too with a vengence and all the old fears come too and all the hard psychological work flies out the blinking window . so mad with my self it sucks the joy out of life. has reinforced my feelings that mine are anxiety induced. ive had a very sad stressful time and i dont show stuff. im a great believer in just getting on with it but i suppose your stress has to come out somewhere. Back to the breathing and ignoring them i suppose.

• Posted

I am 73 and have had them since 30. You are right. The Vagus nerve can irritate the heart causing pvc's, but doctors do not want to hear that. I have a large hiatal hernia and I know that can affect the vagus nerve. It is frustating

• Edited

Hi there, I am replying to all of your beautiful reassuring posts. I've had PVc's since i was in my early 20s (im 29 now) but they were very rare once a month or once in 2 weeks, i stopped smoking and they were gone for a year or so, then in February this year i had a bad anxiety period and had tachycardia my cardiologist gave me propanolol it helped me a lot (it's an off label anxiety med), but in August this year the PVC's appeared again and were frequent, my cardiologist changed my meds to verapamil, for now it doesn't seem to help at all and i have them regularly, they can last for hours, funny thing is they only occur if i sit down and if im standing or walking they are GONE. Also i started smoking again and that may worsen them so im quitting smoking for sure. I did a thyroid panel just to be sure and my TSH is high but not high enough to treat it. I guess these PVCs have a lot of etiologies that cause them such as vagal dysfunction, stress, excess adrenaline, smoking, thyroid problems, everything could be a trigger. My heart is otherwise healthy and good no structural changes at all. I hope if we can focus on our lifestyle more and try to improve it they will subside. thank u all for your inputs i found my people! ❤️

• Posted

I have heard there is a connection between having a hiatal hernia and pvc'c due to irritation of the vagus nerve. I'm 74 and have many pvc's. Told Dr, abouth this and He even felt some pvc's in checking my heart. But He insists they are benign.

• Posted

hello.,mine drops to high 40's at times when i just sit and watch tv. Then after i eat it races.,

• Edited

hey Richard491

Hello...I had PVCs a few years back and ended up going to the ER. Everything was normal. My doctor had me wear a halter for 24 hours and found I think around 10,000 or PVCS in that period. Told not concerning. Easier said than done right? ugghh....well they went away for a few years now, minus the once and a while skip. However, they just came back a few daysago with a vengeance. They drive me crazy. All I do is think about them. I've so enjoyed not having them the last few years. Now that they're here again, I'm finding myself frustrated and worried. Siiiiigh 💔 😔

I do find some comfort in reading everyone's posts.

I have to ask which Magnesium did you take? Citrate? or another? Just curious because I'm on the lower end on magnesium. So I'm thinking this might help me. Thanks

Angela

• Posted

I get to the point that I want to go to the hospital and stay there until They find an answer I get them so bad I want to pull my hair out I get very frightened I fell like I;m have a heart attack. I've worn halter monitors, 3 times, had echo cardiograms and stress tests nothing. everyone says it's my anxiety It could be but somedays I really just want to scream. I just joined this group and I see I'm not alone I've had these for at least 10yrs or more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.