PCOS and new Ovarian Cyst

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 35 and I've known I've had Polycystic Ovaries from I was 18. Luckily no weight issues, only irregular periods which I'm managed to control with herbal supplements and trying to eat healthily.

Last month, I was in stabbing pain for about 3 days, that got so bad that I couldn't move when it came on. Ended up going to A&E. After urine test, I was told I have UTI and given antibiotics. No surprise because I've had them before. Pain went away for about 5 days and returned. Went to my GP after antibiotics finished. They examined me, left side below navel was tender, and another urine test came back as still having UTI. They gave me stronger antibiotics and checked to see if they were the right ones. They were. Pain went away after about a week, all good, but the doctor wanted to check kidneys, bladder etc and while there check up on my ovaries and womb via Ultrascan.

Had the ultrascan 2 days ago and they discovered a 6.7cm by 4cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I've had very mild cramping for 5 days as I was ovulating this month but no other symptoms at all. I was shocked.

Waiting for GP to get my results. Was upset a few days ago, thinking about Ovarian cancer because my mother died at 40 from Breast Cancer but I think my nerves have calmed a little now, especially as I'm trying to stay rational and remind myself that I've had no other symptoms (no weight loss, no loss of appetite etc), just the pain last month and mild pain this month.

I guess what frightens me as well is the possibility of losing an ovary when I don't have children yet and I already have PCOS but trying to stay positive.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.