Penis foreskin cracks during sex, peeling skin, dots and spots [documented]

Posted , 306 users are following.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your time and sorry for the long post,

I'm a healthy 29y old male and in the past 8 months I've been having some problems when having sex. Around February I've noticed some cracks on my foreskin image, at the time i didn't thought much of it, and it eventually healed up, after that, every time i had my foreskin would always crack in the same spots with the same pattern, and it started to appear even more cracks imageimage, when they happen during sex, i can clearly feel them and it stings a little, but after the act, i would clean it with lukewarm water and i would only feel an occasional sting or 2, and, along with the cracks, i also feel the area where the cracks are very very raw and sensitive to the touch, the rest of the penis is fine. In the healing process, after 1 or 2 days, my skin would feel very dry, accompanied by some peeling skin where the cracks where imageimageimage, that area of the skin, eventually they would heal up, but the skin in that area looks a bit darker than the rest image, the dryness i would fight it with some moisturizer.

In all this months I've tried some approaches to tackle this without success, i used a cleaning solution with neutral PH and no fragrances, anti candida fungal ointment, topical steroid cream, fusidic acid and also elidel, already went to 2 different dermatologists, and the problem still persists, with a down side, that now, it seems to be getting worse as some dots started to appear on the glad imageimageimageimageimage and also on the foreskin area imageimage. Along with all of the this, the redder area of the skin sometimes when is dryer it also looks shinier. I'm posting here in hope of some advice of someone who has gone through the same thing. Before all of this, i had a normal sex life with no problems whatsoever.

Best regards, Thank you,

11 likes, 536 replies

536 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Any insights would be appreciated . Thanks

• Posted

No one?

• Posted

I have the same problem what did they what did they figure out for you

• Edited

its clear to see you have some sort of skin condition going off there, id be thinking along the lines of a type of dermitis, you really need to see your dr with that, a prescription of dermol 500 cream to start with and see how this goes. you may be using an extremely harsh soap/ shower gel and using it in your genital region causing this.

good luck.

• Edited

I've already gone to 3 dermatologists 1 urologist , and tried all the above ointments i stated without any noticeable improvement. changed the cleaning soap for a really soft one i got for sensitive skin and without any fragrance whatsoever. I'm in a real pickle here. Getting desperate about solving this, and I'm really trying to avoid the extreme path of circumcision because i have read around that it will decrease sensitivity. thank you

• Edited

but you haven't tried dermol 500??? its exactly for this type of thing, you need to give it a go.

• Edited

Another update, i went to a 4th dermatologist and got prescribed a treatment for 30 days with 2 ointments (Locoid at night and dermalibour+ in the morning). I'm now on the 5th day, and so far i can see some mild improvements on the skin (usually in the morning, its red area clears up a bit), but aside that, i still fell that the rest of the skin is still getting really dry, and sometimes small red dots appear on the gland (without any pain or bumps). I'll try to keep you posted on the evolution.

• Edited

i have this problem also i think its bc we are uncircumcised and we you have sex thr skin is rubbing together forming a cut

• Edited

i have the exact issue over 10 years i blame it on ID brand lube silicone based sex lube. i noticed the fissures on the shaft got so bad after using that lube i threw it away. did any of you use a similar lube when you noticed your occurance. ive been circumsized since, it helped but the issue remains its like the skin lost elasticity and is thinner he

• Posted

I am experiencing same issues , please can I get the lociod and dermalibour+ over the counter or I need a prescription in the uk?

• Edited

respectfully saying, i think a circumcised guy would suffer more because foreskin makes the penis flexible in movement of skin during sexual activity and less skin stretching. in circumcised penis, it needs more lube because the skin cannot retract vice versa because the foreskin is gone and no room for jerking movements and more friction on the glans and stretched skin during activity. the glans are always exposed and skin doesnt move quite a bit, so more irritation and skin friction and cuts. thats why many guys restored their foreskin.

• Posted

circumcised guy here. came to figure out what was going on here. i have the same issue.

• Posted

Same issue here, also circumcised. My Dr has no clue what it is!! Spent 1 month without sex with my partner, it feels like it keeps having sore then peeling skin as a cycle.

• Posted

Hey, do you have any further news on remedies for this?

After spending hours of research this month thinking I have Herpes, to then find this thread which is exactly the same as I am experiencing. I have a cycle of sores and red irritated skin to then dry, flaky, peeling skin same as your photos.

Do you finally know what the cause of this condition is? I saw this thread started 4 years ago.

Thanks for bringing this to light, I know I wasn't only person living with this.

• Posted

Same issue, went to see a doctor and told me it was because of phimosis and that I would most likely need circumcision. I'll go get a second opinion and keep you updated

• Edited

hey have any you guys found out what this is

i been having it for the past 2 weeks and thought it was a case of herpes but i haven't had sex since august I'm circumcised so i don't think its what you guys have let me know what you guys find out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.