perimenopausal for 10 months.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I haven't had my period in 10 months, and today another period began.

What does this mean for a 57 year old going on 58 in March?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It means you could still get pregnant.  I wish mines stops for 10 months.  I have period from hell and it get worse the older I get.  It is embrassing...change clothes several times a day...  
  • Posted

Hi adella, you poor thing i hope it sorts itself soon , some people say that for 3 years you will be starting and stopping periods then it settles down hope so,  good luck lets hope it comes to an end for all of us its just to much sometimes         
  • Posted

It's hellish isn't it. 

you just don't know when your going to have one or if your going to have one rolleyes

Mrs M

• Posted

I'm 53 periods stopped 3.5 years ago and I just had a period absolutely gutted as seems my peri symptoms have returned dreadfullysad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.