Pictures of stool. Sorry :( I feel so lost and don't know what to do.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. I posted a couple of days ago... I am having ongoing issues with my bowels that are affecting my mental health and the cycle is horrendous.

I was up at A and E yesterday with the pain. I have constant right side pain, always same place. Not relieved by meds. I have had floating stools for over a month. I had stool tests carried out shortly after but that was BEFORE the pain started and they were all clear. I now have pain.

I went to the toilet this morning and I found black specks. They are small but I only noticed after I took the photo (as I need proof of abnormal stools) as I zoomed in.

Can anyone please shed any light to this or whether they have had similar with "IBS" or could it be blood. I am really getting so anxious with this and it's making me feel like I can't do this anymore.

I am a single mum and really struggling to be ok.

Kind Regards xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Kay, have you had any investigations re ovaries? Are your periods regular? is there any chance you could be pregnant?

• Posted

Thank you so so so much for your reply. I have been referred for ultrasound on ovaries and will have a blood test tomorrow for ovary marker.

Would ovary issues make it float and things? I'm so lost.

My periods are regular and no chance of pregnancy. X

• Edited

Sometimes 2 different health issues can be mistakenly combined into one issue. The floaty stools may be non connected to your pain. You say your pain is constant and in one place.....can you say where exactly?

Also could it be a muscular problem? Do you constantly lift heavy things ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.