Pip assessment

Posted , 43 users are following.

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

3 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Barbara can i ask you how long you waited to get a date for your assessment, i sent of P I P form and got aletter this week to say the form had gone to ATOS HEALTHCARE and they would be in touch. i hope you get the answer your looking for as id like to know the same. best of luck.
    • Posted

I have only waited 2 weeks from when I sent forms in. Got a letter monday saying the same as you then a letter yesterday saying my assessment next week. So do I but so nervous.
  • Posted

wow that was quick ive been told that its 16 weeks before you hear anything do you mind if i ask you what your problem is, mines severeĀ  depression, anxiety, low self esteem bought on by being bullied at work ive been signed of work since november 14
    • Posted

Awwwwww hun I know how you feel. Mine is osteoarthritis severe in both knees I have to have them both replacement but because I am only 42 there reluctant todo them. I have severe depression and anxeity my whole life been turned upside down.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your knees.

I managed to have a replacement 3 years ago and I was 61 then.

Had to really push to get it done and they said they would not have done me any earlier.

However there was a woman in the same ward as me who was done the same day as me and she was only in her mid forties. I think she may have gone privately but am not sure.

Mine has been really successful but still have one or two problems going downhill or down steps. I can do stairs farily easily as long as there is a rail to hold on to.

I am waiting to be invited to apply for PIP. In the meantime they are still paying me my DLA.

Good luck with all this. Let me know how you get on

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi sarah

I have just received a letter this morning from my surgeon abd I was quite shocked it was such a good letter he really went into detail of how bad it is etc I even cried I am taking it with me when I go next week for my pip assessment. He did say in the letter he would never refuse me a knee replacement but I have to think long and hard to do the the long term complcations.

Love

Barbara xxx

• Posted

Yes ofcourse having a knee replacement is hard work at first. Pain and physio sessions. But if it is successful like mine was it is well worth it

You are still fiarly young and hopefully have many years ahead of you. Do you really want to live those years in the pain you are in now? That is what you have got to ask yourself.

Hope you are able to make the right decision for you.

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

I waited two weeks also had my assesment last wednesday waiting for answer now
    • Posted

After applying in total I waited 3 weeks for pip assement Wich is on Monday at home , fingers crossed it goes well
    • Posted

Hi Sarah glad your knees are good. I am waiting for 5th knee replacement in left leg.had awful time I am 54 first knee done at45
  • Posted

i was diagnosed with arthiritus in both knees in 2010 my husband had one full hip replacement in july 13 and the other in march 14 he does not have has asĀ much pain but has been able to claim DLA, i take medication for my knees but it hasnt helped having the depression etc ive never been offered the knee replacement op im 55. i wish you all the best and i hope you get what you deserve.
  • Posted

Hi mine was really quick I got reply within 2 weeks it's all about how the form is done best of luck
    • Posted

What you mean how the form was done. Have you had your assessment if so what was it like I am really nervous.
    • Posted

Dont know if you have had an ATOS assessment before but my husband had one for ESA and was declined but we appealed and it was turned over. He wants to apply for PIP but knowing what we do about assessments are reluctant to do so. They actually LIED!!! about everything (they get a bonus for every patient they declare "fit for work"). Hope all goes well for you though.
    • Posted

Omg thats awful. I haven't had one for esa yet I am dreading it hearing some storys. My son is coming with me as he is my carer.
    • Posted

Sorry if I've upset you but thougt i would put you in the picture. I didnt realise at the time but you can record the interview which i would suggest. I couldnt believe the lies they told. I know a lot of people dont go through with appeals but if you do get to that situation I would def do it as over 50% of cases are overturned. ATOS are a private company and are only out for the money. I have read several cases and all say the same. I think the company gets Ā£2000 and each worker gets about Ā£80 per person they decide "fit for work" Good luck
    • Posted

It was a couple of years ago for ESA. Dont know if anythings changed
    • Posted

I have now read posts from jayne. If you have to appeal I would see if there is a local Welfare Rights Group who would support you. Many years ago I had my DLA taken from me and appealed. Someone from a local welfare rights group represented me and I got it back for life.

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to put you in touch with a Welfare Rights Group.

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Yes I've had it mine was home assessment gotta say the lady was really nice she even had tea lol I mean the form you have to score points make sure you tell them everything about and medical letters to back it up and don't worry I know you can't some are horrible though I had a really bad tribunal made me feel like sh*t it gives me nightmares , also make sure your in pain so they know how everyday life is for your as know being ill is difcult and being in agony is even more frustrating try not to talk get your parents/husband to talk as they know you better they are playing dirty tricks so be very careful for what you say also you need to build a picture out for them which is hard but that's what you have to do this pip is not for saying you can't do it it's about if you do it what will happen pain ETC

They even do your forms for you over the phone

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Samra can you explain what you mean about , its how the form is done ? surely a form is a form as long as its got the truth on it.
    • Posted

Thanks for that I really struggle talking to people with my anxiety. My son will be with me and I will let him do the talking he is my carer he knows what battles I face every day.
    • Posted

I have had two assesments with capita both were ok just asked me to do some movement but could do all then lady said 6-8weeks for desicition but i heard within 2 weeks for last one
    • Posted

I had a home assessment today. Can I pls ask how yours went and how long they took to give u a decision? I suffer with a prolapse degenerative disc and depression I can only walk with crutches and can't walk far at all. I require help getting washed and dressed also with preparing and cooking of meals.

I'm a little nervous as I have never bothered to apply for anything like pip

• Posted

Hi Amanda, decisions can take anything up to 8 weeks depending on where you are in the country and how much back log they have. Mine took 2 weeks the first time i applied and 4 days when i was reviewd. I've also heard some take months. It really does depend and no one can really answer that question. You can ask for a copy of the assessment report by ringing PIP. You then be able to see for yourself what was written. The decision maker always has the final say though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.