Pip assessment

Posted , 43 users are following.

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

3 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi when i sent in my P I P form i sent in letters from O H assessment , doctors sick notes, therapist notes, work insurance letter, all photocopies so if they try to lie all of these documents say IM UNFIT TO WORK AND I HAVE SEVERE DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY and arthiritus, so i dont think they would get away with lying. Barbara you were lucky to get such a quick response i wish you luck and thankyou for your comments Sarah good luck to you to.
    • Posted

I think thete are facilities for recording but if not do your own
  • Posted

I sent mine off on 27.5 and got a letter of receipt then a week later 4.6 got a letter to say my assessment was on 8.6. Wasn't that bad just a male nurse - probably retired who went through the same questions on the form really. It was okay. I just told the truth then was told I'd hear within 6-8 weeks. Dont worry- easy for me to say but its truly not that bad at all xx
    • Posted

hi sadie, i sent mine off 26/5 got a text message from them on the 3/6 to say they had got my form then got a letter on 4/6 to say the same. Havent heard any more, you was really lucky to get ass so quick, glad you found  it ok ive heard some terrible things and ive already been through OH assessment, hope things work out well for you good luck xx

• Posted

hi sadie ,me again just curious but what is your disability, did you record your assessment.
    • Posted

Hey hun. I have osteoarthritis in my spine and a herniated disc. I have pain even though i take zomorph gabapentin amitryptaline naproxen an dihydrocodeine - which makes me really drowsy and uncoordinated and i take venloflaxine for my anxiety and depression. I cant do normal house hold chores my 13 yr old son helps me alot. I'm nearly 40 and feel useless. I didn't record it as i just said exactly what was on my application form. I'm on sick pay at the moment so I'm trying to find out what else I may be entitled to but its a nightmare xxx

Hope everything goes well for you too. Xxx

• Posted

Awww bless you. I know how You feel my son as taken over everything due to my pain and my severe anxeity and depression. I only go out of the house for doctors and hospital I get panic atttacks. I am on morphine patches tramadol sleeping tablets sertraline. Which make me feel the same. I have my pip assement tomorrow and I am so anxious about it.

Xxxx

• Posted

You'll be fine. Breath and if you feel weepy let it out. I did a little, made me feel better - let me know how it goes xx
  • Posted

Hi Barbara how did the P I P  assessment go, ive not heard a word since i got letter on 4th 6 15. hope all went well and that you are ok as i know you was really worried, hang on in there, you will soon know, best of luck x
    • Posted

Jayne I went to pieces couldn't stop crying but the woman was great so nice.

xxxx

• Posted

Ah bless you i know how you must be feeling i was exactly the same when i had an OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH ASSESSMENT, that lady was so nice but im dreading P I P assessmet , i havent heard anything yet and getting myself into a state over it all id like to get it over and done with. I hope you are ok and dont have to wait to long for decsion take care, bet your glad its over x

• Posted

I am waiting for my assement with them. I have no idea how long it will take for them to decide. I feel exhausted tonight with today but glad it over. Xxx
    • Posted

I waited 2 weeks for O H assessment and 3 days for the report. Now your P I P assessment is over have a nice cuppa and an early night and you can put it behind you take care xxx

• Posted

hi jayne03174 i've just had my pip assessment 11.05.16. how long does it usually take for a decision? thanks, Neil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.