Pip assessment

Posted , 43 users are following.

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

3 likes, 285 replies

285 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Barbara

I waited only two weeks for mine, but got my husband to phone them as I were unable to travel to the area they wanted me to go. So, they agreed and let me have an interview at home. This was great, nice lady here for1.5hrs and I were as relaxed as I could be, more than if I had gone into an office. A week later I were granted the enhanced rate, to which I am very gratefull. Don't worry about it, you will be ok. Good luck anywaycheesygrin

• Posted

Omg can't beleive it on today of all days the anniversary of my dad dying I get the dreaded Brown envelope. I started having a panic attack couldn't open it was so frightened. I couldn't beleive what I was reading I have been awarded enhanced mobility and standared daily living I am so over whelmed. Thankyou everyone for your support.

xxxxx

• Posted

congratulations, you got your letter etc same time as me, ive heard nothing since i got text and confimation to say they had got my form. I know your were worried about assessment but you got it fairly quick, i dont know anything about an assessment with atos just kept waiting, wish i knew when. i am so pleased that you got what you deserve enjoy it well done bet your glad it all over. big hugs jayne xx#

• Posted

Aww thats fantastic - my answer came through quite quickly too. I got standard. No mobility as i can walk to the shop if i have to.... i will see how I go on. So happy for you. Glad you got the answer that helps you xxx

• Posted

congratulations sadie, my paperwork followed in line with yours same dates n all, got letter and text to say they had the form and thats the last i heard, im glad you got yours sorted enjoy the extra you deserve it, because of my agitated depression and anxiety my dr has now refered me to a phyciatrist, so i hope i hear something about assessment soon, take care all the best oh one last thing can you tell me what area you live in, maybe that has something to do with it all. best regards jayne x
    • Posted

Great news barbara. Someone once said to me "This is not a benefit it is a recognition that it is more expensive to live as a disabled person." That is how I see it now.

So pleased for you.

Sarah xx

• Posted

Hi Jayne

Just wondering how you got on? Im due for reassessment - just wondered as your dayes were in line with mine etc...I'm back at work but nothing has changed, except I'm in more pain. I needed to go back to work for financial reasons and mental health. I was going downhill more. But my back and legs are so sore and the fatigue is horrendous i wonder if its all really worth it xx

• Posted

Hi sadie,, just read your comment,,, i got a letter few weeks bk to say benefit to continue till july 17. Im not back at work due to mental health,, still seeing therapists,,, medication and pain killers have been increased.  Have you been called back for another assessment if so i wish you all the best.. Please let me know how things are going all the best jayne xx
  • Posted

hi Barbara, had P I P assessment went totallty to peices the woman was great, my husband did the talking for me as i was so distressed about going. I  had O H asssessement the day before and that was the same, thing is the waiting is so stressful my mood and anxiety levels are through the roof,  ive heard nothing, and this week had to do ESA 50 form a lady from citizens advice came  5 hrs she spent with me going over OH, hospital letters, etc and the ESA form someone on a different post has said for each claimant that gets a NO the assessor gets  an

£80 bonus, im wondering if they leave the ones who get a NO till the end so they dont have to pay so much money out , the ones who get a YES get an answer asap to save money, thing is ive got to wait now for ESA assessment and the thought of going through it all again and not knowing the outcome of P I P makes me wonder if its fair to put myself through all the stress and be told NO at the end of it all. Why do the people sitting behind the desk keep honest people waiting for a descion that could change their lives. I know you got your result quickly and im very pleased for you but why cant the assessors give you a provisional answer rather than causing the claimant more stress, Did you get a letter first or the payment to say you had PIP. hope you are keeping well best regards   JAYNE XXXXsad

• Posted

hi Keynes I've go on 3rd August for me see doctor I'm. depressed and annsity my nerves are wrecked can u tell me little bit wat they say etc I can't sleep with nerves etc annsity of it is Killin me I can't go out my door my own I have have someone with me do all my shopping online so I don't have go out much hubby or my friend do everything with me I lock myself away in house as I can't cope with ppl crowds etc

• Posted

Jayne that be thus phone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.