Skip to content

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • dla to pip

HI all. My dad has received dla to pip forms. he isn't going to return them because of stress and family matters. he knows he will lose his claim by not sending them.the thought of filling in forms and having interviews is making him more depressed. he is worried that not sending them in will lead...

Last reply
  • Pip face to face

Hello ive got pstd because someone tried to kill me with a breadknife in my sleep im lucky to be alive although mentaly damaged forever I had a face to face I was deemed mentaly unfit to be there by the assesor when I had a sever bout of trauma due to questions the assesor had to hold my hands plus security...

Last reply
  • PIP Assessment

Hi everyone As some of you know I suffer with fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression (severe), well I was told by my GP to apply for PIP as I am struggling really bad and my conditions affect me very bad. I applied back in March and finally had my home assessment done today. It seem to go well, the lady...

Last reply
  • Received my letter from Motability

Afternoon all, I hope you are all having a good Friday afternoon. I had just received my post and noticed i have got a chunky letter from Motability. I have opened the letter and states i have been accepted and has the PIN number and details of the car i ordered....  So from that am i now only...

Last reply
  • ESA carers allowance

Hi        My Mother used to be my carer but because of her age and her own health issues it is getting more difficult My Cousin has taken the rains so to speak and as he is with me virtually every day and claiming JSA  I advised him to claim Carers allowance which he did and...

Last reply
  • DLA Changeover

Hi Denise there is another thing that puzzles me over this change over from DLA to Pip but why doesn't the change affect those claimants who were 64 on or before October 2013, (if that's the correct date,) and they are entitled to stay on the DLA, without having to be assessed, this seems very...

Last reply
  • DLA Changeover

Hi Denise there is another thing that puzzles me over this change over from DLA to Pip but why doesn't the change affect those claimants who were 64 on or before October 2013, (if that's the correct date,) and they are entitled to stay on the DLA, without having to be assessed, this seems very...

Last reply
  • DLA Changeover

Hi I wonder if anyone can answer the question regarding the DLA Changeover to Pip, as when it was first introduced anyone who was 64 on or before October 2013 ( I think this is the correct date) were allowed to remain in receipt of DLA, but my query is why are these claimants exempt, whilst younger people...

Last reply
  • Home visit for PIP Review

I am currently immobile due to tkr which went wrong, I am due a review on my pip, first interview was 2 years ago. I have been offered a home visit in a month, my concern is that after reading various forums, there is a general feeling that if you have a nice home in a nice area then the interviewer...

Last reply
  • Claiming pip for anxiety and depression ?

I'll try and keep this story short ....when I was 9 I witnessed the bakery across the road from were I lived blow up due to a gas fault I also seen the owner in flames and as you can imagine it was a traumatic experience which caused me to have mental health problems including panic attacks , my...

Last reply
  • Good news for some people

This has been announced today from DWP. I copied and pasted it for you all to see. New guidance coming into effect this summer means people who are awarded the highest level of support under PIP – and where their needs are expected to stay the same or increase – will receive an ongoing award of PIP...

Last reply
  • Fresh PIP Claim

Hi Denise sorry to bother you as I know that you are not feeling good at the moment but just a quick enquiry as I am about to renew my claim for PIP because as you know the tribunal gave me an end date but can I still use my old pip forms as evidence plus any further support from my consultants and GP,...

Last reply
  • Are there online pip forms??

Hi Denise, My son ( who is my carer) wanted to know if he could complete my renewal PIP form online and he would print it off for me and I would just sign it. Regards we

Last reply
  • PIP CLAIM REVIEW NEED PAPER BASED ASSESSMENT

i am currently trying to get a paper based assessment for my pip review i first got sent a appointment to attend a centre then after speaking to them another appointment for a home assessment but i am unable to do this i suffer from severe anxiety and depression  the process is causing me conditions...

Last reply
  • depressed brother

Hi all. my brother has received forms for DLA  to PIP. He is so depressed with family problems(wife has severe alzheimers desease) that he wont fill them in. he feels more stress filling them in and whatever else it entails may send him over the edge. they are in their 70+years.the question is if...

Last reply
  • Fibromyalgia

Hello Denise, hope you are recovering and keeping better? Do you know when applying for PIP benefit, if it is true that the DWP do not class fibromyalgia as an illness, which  causes difficulties in managing every day tasks etc?  

Last reply
  • Esa hi Denise xxx

Hope you are ok and feeling better x Just a quick one Sent in esa50 with evidence lots and also sent in lt54 report saying why dm came to the decision Pointed out that everything is the same and gave evidence I sent in ECT to clarify this based on the evidence via mental health team and relating...

Last reply
  • Universal Credit

Ok I know very little regarding this benefit and I am guessing theirs probably a few out their who also haven't got a clue so thought I would start the ball rolling. I have just watched the news on BBC 1, a man was interviewed regarding UC he is disabled and uses a wheelchair, he is a resident of...

Last reply
  • ESA Medical Form

Returned my 2nd medical form back next day special delivery on the 6th June signed for on the 7th. Called DWP this morning to make sure that it had been loaded on to their system and have been told that nothing was showing. Gave them the tracking number date, time and who signed for it and the lady said...

Last reply
  • DLA-PIP

Hi All, Today I made the phone call to begin my own personal quest to go from dla  to pip. I was asked if I would like my dla evidence to be attached to my claim, I agreed. The process only took about 15 minutes, oh  the calm before the storm. My personalised claim form will be with me within...

Last reply
  • Just thought i'd say....

That i'm not feeling good right now and i'm struggling with my health. On top of that last night i had 2 falls and have hurt my ankle and foot in the process. Sometimes in life there are times when you just have no option but to put yourself first, something i very rarely do. I'm not leaving...

Last reply
  • Esa and lump sum early retirement affects

I am considering taking a lump sum and early retirement at age 55yrs. I am a full time carer for my wife who claims High rate DLA indefinately plus the care component indefinately, I recieve weekly high rate carers allowance and we have a joint contribution based esa claim. My lump sum Will be £16,100...

Last reply
  • Changeover From DLA

Hi Denise, I did ask Mike this question yesterday but got no response, my wife got a letter yesterday regarding the changeover for DLA to PIP and she has to phone them by July 12th but she was wondering what sort of questions they ask and Mike said something about DLA evidence but I thought any information...

Last reply
  • is this legal and do i have to inform the asserters

i have applied for pip but dont trust them , so i am going to film my vist ext . can anyone tell me if i can use the footage at a later date if needed ie tribunal ext do i have to inform them its being recorded ext it will be used to show how my ilness is at the time of the assessment and hopefully used...

Last reply
  • Tribunal upheld DWPs decision.

After 10 long months of struggling and suffering, the tribunal service today final put the last nail in my coffin, they awarded me 5 points in one section and 4 in another so not enough points and the DWPs decision was upheld. I'm lost now I really don't know what to do, I have CHD, PAD claudication...

Last reply
  • Quick question

Evening all, I have been in contact with the garage i went to view a car out and going back Thursday, i mentioned to him that their is no point test driving because 1. I cannot drive and 2. I will not know the feel of it until i do drive.  So his response is his email was this: If you’re looking...

Last reply
  • Denise. Esa reassment

Hi well it’s here esa50 !!!! A bit late by a month or so but it’s arrived Feel glad that’s its here but so how can I put it  a bit crap !!!! In s g risk 35 Scorced nil points last assessment but put straight into sg My question is do I answer questions relating to risk  or answer questions...

Last reply
  • Pip question

My pip is up for review the beginning of August 2018 and the 14 week deadline has passed what should I do?

Last reply
  • Pip review

hi all, is a pip review the same as reapplying? I'm confused and worried about the forms

Last reply
  • PIP 2 Form Advice

Hello everyone, I have sent my pip 2 form off as my condition has worsened. I have autism spectrum disorder, sensory processing disorder, severe anxiety, depression, low mood disorder, paranoia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. How long should I expect to wait for the result? The last time they did a paper...

Last reply
  • How often are you reassessed for PIP benefits

originally awarded lifetime full mobility award 10 years ago and lowest benefit for health. 2 years ago I was reassessed by Capita and received the highest mobility award and medium benefit level. i suffer from Arthritis in both knees and fused ankle. 3 weeks ago I had left tkr.  Whilst I was...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.