Skip to content
Ad

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • DLA to PIP

Is anyone else still waiting for the invitation to transfer over? I thought everyone was suppose to be invited by the end of September 2017 has this been extended ? 

Last reply
  • My PIP homevisit .

the much feared home visit was this morning and was done with in an hour. It didn't go into as much depth as I thought it would and she didn't ask to examine me at all as I expected her to. I have lupus and submitted a lot of medical evidence, and I gave long list of medications.  Is this...

Last reply
  • Tribunal.

After a year of waiting,  my son has had the Tribunal Hearing today.  He was made fit for work October 2016.  He has been claiming JSA since October 2016 & has now been placed on ESA work related activity group. Can anyone advise him who he has to inform that he has won the...

Last reply
  • PIP - What next?

I was supposed to get PIP until December 2017 but i was sent for a medical and it was taken off me December 2016. I waited 10 months until my Tribunal date, in which they sided with the lies told in the medical and didn't really ask any questions about the problems i have. They berated me for crying...

Last reply
  • PIP

Hello everyone, I'm sure most of you know me well by now as i approach 1 year of advicing others on here. As you all know i love helping others, by sharing my advice and knowledge of the benefit system. I must admit i've made some truely wonderful friends through out the last year on here. None...

Last reply
  • Parliament invitation for pip/esa assessments comments

On the parliament website-......web forum : pip and esa assessments they are inviting people to comment about their assessments - think i'll comment. (Cant post the direct link) ....theres so many people voicing their experiences....could be good for changes to occur for future pip assessments.......

Last reply
  • Missed pip payment

I was due to receive a payment from pip today and it hasn't gone into my account. They open at 8am. An hour to wait to find out where my money is

Last reply
  • ESA and PIP at 64 and 65

Hi all, I claim both of these, I will be 64 next month and as far as I can work out my ESA will cease when my State Pension kicks in, in March next year ? But I am so confused as to what will happen to my PIP, will I have to be re assessed? What always puzzles me is when a patient has been claiming...

Last reply
  • Tribunal or not?

Really not sure what to do - I was turned down pip (as HP lied!) - asked for mandatory and was given standard on daily living (care).....better than no award, BUT i think i should get enhanced. My dilema:- **Should i ask for a call back with the DWP DM to try to make them see why i should get enhanced?...

Last reply
  • Motability Cars

OK so I have been told I'm lucky to have been granted the enhanced rate of Motability with 18 points and be able to have a car, I'm not so sure that I see it in quite the same way. Lucky to not be able to walk? Lucky to not be able to just get up from my chair when I fancy a cuppa? Lucky not...

Last reply
  • ESA REPORT

Hi. Can anyone tell me if this is correct please. I have just had my second assessment. Is it right that they automatically send the report out. They didn't do it with the first in 2014. And how long does it normally take to receive the report? Thank you 😊

Last reply
  • pip mandatory reconsideration

I know the success rate of pip mandatory reconsideration is only 20% get their decision changed at this stage as this is what the government have told to do , but it still means one in five will get there decision overturned has anyone on here had a successful pip mandatory reconsideration?  

Last reply
  • Benefits

Hi all I'm currently on Esa with disability premium and standard daily care pip and standard mobility, I also get housing benefit, in a single person!!! My question is !!!! I want to bring my fiancée over to uk from philippeans but would I lose any benefit because imwe will be a couple, but...

Last reply
  • Pip review

Already had a discussion on this but the comments were getting over 50 so thought it was easier starting a new post, I went for my pip review i September I know you can wait several weeks / months for a decision letter however I received a letter today saying they have all the info they need simalar...

Last reply
  • ESA ASSESMENT FORM

I've been on esa since May 2015 but didn't get an assesment form till September 2017 i was wondering as ive got medical history from my mental health team that I've sent of with my assesment form as i suffer from anxiety and depression would I still need a face to face assesment and would...

Last reply
  • The brown letter

Today I got my brown letter not sure if you guys remember me I hat my f2f on the 11thsep.  Well she lied about things but my health report from my Verterns support group doctor done the job on my ptsd from combat also my surgeon letters that f2f report done nothing for me the woman on f2f done me...

Last reply
  • Esa contribution base to income related esa

Hi im new to this and writing this on behalf off my husband .my husband is on esa contribution and work related group ,but his had a letter today saying that in november it will be stopped because his been on the contribution for 365 days but he hasnt long been in the work related group .ive been on...

Last reply
  • Personal Independence Payment. Myths and Fact.

There are a lot of worried people posting on here, who are dreading being moved from disability living allowance (DLA) to personal independence payment (PIP).  Can I offer some advice from experience I've gained with my disability support group and from campaigning when PIP was first consulted...

Last reply
  • Pip report still waiting on verdict

Hi am after some advice please I went for my assement 2 weeks ago.i asked for a copy of my report which I got it looks like I have only scored 2points even thou the women doing my assessment seem to be happy HELP me with putting down what I wanting to say anyhow I am on 3 different medicines for anxiety...

Last reply
  • Severe disability premiums

I’ve aplied for severe disability premium on top of my ESA as I claim PIP so I am entitled to this I have been claiming pip since April 2016 and ESA since may 2015.  Does anyone know if I am entitled to back pay from April 2016... This will be around £62 a week so it’s well over 4K When I...

Last reply
  • F2f next week

Am a veteran British army 9 years have a serious case of ptsd was blowing up with ied in Iraq been to 2 wars only 29 years old just had serious spine op and getting one more spine op in 10 months i have serious nerve problems in my left hand side I need to use aids to walk etc my mental health also put...

Last reply
  • Help with employment & support allowance

I had a letter today from ESA saying i wasn't entitled to it because i hadn't paid, or been credited with enough National Insurance Contributions. They used tax years ending 5 April 2015-5 April 2016. During this time i was in receipt of ESA so obviously my NIC were paid by them. I was told...

Last reply
  • ESA medical assessment

hi everyone, I've been told by maximum that I've given them enough medical evidence so I won't need an assessment, is this good ?can ESA still put me into work group? I've been in support group for 18months  

Last reply
  • What other benefits could i receive?

I was receiving ESA (support group) during 2015/16. Decided to try to get back into work Sept 2016. however due to health reasons i was subsequently signed off work after 6 months. I was receiving SSP until Sept 2017. Applied for ESA but was turned down because ESA was paying my National insurance contributions...

Last reply
  • Tribunal process?

Hi, I'm fully expecting to be appealing to the tribunal (since 80% of mandatory are rejected)....I just wanted to ask do we have 30 days (after the mandatory decision letter) to send in every piece of evidence? - what if evidence was sent after the 30 days? OR can we keep sending in evidence until...

Last reply
  • DLA TO PIP - Upcoming assessment. Mentally unstable.

Hello folks  First time poster and I’m looking some general advice regarding a DLA to PIP change over. Been on DLA for 10 plus years and any reviews were always paper based after the initial medical.  I sent in my application form about 9 weeks ago and I received my Capita initial claim leaflet...

Last reply
  • Tribunal.

Hello,  The date is looming for the second tribunal for my son's claim for ESA.  This case has been going on for over a year as the first tribunal could not decide whether to allow my son the ESA back.  As I have stated in a previous post my son is now claiming JSA because the last...

Last reply
  • WORRIED ABOUT A PIP ASSESSMENT

I have been on standard rate care and standard rate mobility for nearly 2 years now. I received 11 points for care/living not sure if the term and 10 points for mobility as my condition as worsened I have requested for my claim to be looked at again but I'm really worried!!! 

Last reply
  • ESA wrag group to support group process

So i made an appointment to speak to an ESA advisor at the job center to see what i needed to do to change from the wrag on esa to the support group after a change in condition, she said all i had to do was write a covering letter with my request and supply all relevant documentation to support it. so...

Last reply
  • Pip

How long did people wait for a decision I've waited 5 weeks and still waiting they keep saying should have a decision on a couple weeks that's every week they have been saying it 

Last reply
  • Fraudulent Claims

Just seen the news regarding lady who was found to be claiming when not entitled, seems she had photos depicting her doing things that she supposedly couldnt physically do, so now every time we go out the world and his wife will be judging whether we are indeed entitled to the benefits we claim. One...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.