Skip to content
Ad

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • ESA

Hi , I was browsing the forums this afternoon as i am waiting for a reply for my grandson about his esa claim, I noticed that it said that for under 25's  the amount was £57.90 and over 25's £73.10 well my grandson who is 21 now, he has been receiving 73 pounds per week from the...

Last reply
  • esa

had a stoke end off june have no movement off my left arm and get tired very ouick was getting esa then had to go see their so call medical expert and she told them I am fit for work got pip but had to sign on to jsa when I am not fit enough yet have appealed against it and got letter this morn it still...

Last reply
  • Pip assessment

Hi I have had my date for my assessment for pip I an really nervous . Does anyone know what happens and how long after they make a decision. Any advice much appreciated.

Last reply
  • Assessments for both pip and esa two weeks apart

Hope people can barely with me new to all this I was diagnosed with bipolor two years ago I was very very poorly at the time I was given medication and I can honestly say it untill around five months ago I was ok but then started relying on my partner more and more I hardly sleep I hardley eat I've...

Last reply
  • Just Released: Medicare Part B Premiums for 2018

Over the weekend, CMS released the new Part B premiums for 2018. These changes will impact those who pay more due to income related premiums as well as those who pay less due to the hold harmless provision.  For those paying the standard premium, these changes will not impact you.  https://www.medicarefaq.com/faqs/medicare-part-b-premiums-for-2018/

Posted
  • Is it normal to feel depressed after the ESA assesment

Hello. I had my first was assesment on Friday there. The first one I had to be sent home as I was ill had to go to hospital. But still turned up. They rearranged. I had it on Friday. And yet again I was ill. But was determined to do it. I felt totally interogated. I have been depressed from it. It opened...

Last reply
  • ESA

Has anyone heard about people getting back dated money from esa ? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Cath

Hi I'm so stressed out , I've suffered with horrendous depression for many years , panic attacks are awful ,anxiety . I constantly cut myself , and someone told me about pip , I applied and 2weeks ago a lady from capita came out to see me , I was completely honest about my day to day living ....

Last reply
  • Adviced needed about benefit please.

Hi all, I sent a message before about applying for JSA even though i left my job. Well i applied for JSA on Monday 13th and had an appointment with the jobcentre on the 14th , I told the job centre my job description changed hence why i left my job, they asked me to fill in a piece of paper with my...

Last reply
  • Slight hazy vision due to headaches/head pressure.

Hi all basically I’m very worried about my hgv licence. I have been going to the doctors for years with (along with other symptoms) a haziness in my vision sort of like the feeling when you first get out of bed in the morning or when you have cold or flu that sort of haziness. I have passed my eye test...

Last reply
  • PIP

2 and a half weeks have passed since my daughter had her assessment at home. Up until yesterday her assessment report hasn't yet been returned to DWP. It was chosen for audit. Random files are chosen for this procedure and it means that the HCP is being checked that they done their job properly....

Last reply
  • Eesa

Hi there was wondering if anyone can help me.? Can anyone tell me what EESA is??? Ive been recieving it from june and my doctor send the medical assesment place letters etc with whats wrong with me i got a letter sent out saying i had to go to the assesment so inwent on friday just thete... im more wanting...

Last reply
  • Had pip assessment Waiting decision

Hi, I'm new here..I'm claiming PIP as I can't work due to my bipolar,I had the ATOS assessment a month ago and a text from DWP a week ago to say they have all they need and are making a decision,I have been beside myself with worry,anybody assure me at all that it won't be much longer?...

Last reply
  • SDP backpayment

Hi  I’m waiting for a backpayment of SDP. The lady on the phone today said that it’s been processed and I will get the premium added onto my benefit as of my next ESA payment (21/11/17). She also said however that she’s unsure as to when I’d get the arrears backdated because it’s been sent off...

Last reply
  • Appealing pip decision

Points scored 9 & 10 so i cant qualify for mobility allowance. Have to get my wife to take me in car to hospital.doctors.shopping etc.Cant bend down to put socks on or wash feet etc. I had money put into my bank account of £632.29 today, I phoned pip asking firstly did i qualify i.e. enough...

Last reply
  • Short pip assesment mental health

Hi my son had his pip assesment last week at home and i was very surprised it lasted only 35 min He is 35 and has psychosis and anxiety Does your mam do your cooking Does your mam see to your letters Does your mam deal with your budgeting Is this normal as she never actualy asked if he could???

Last reply
  • Dla payment

I have been receiving dla for 3 years. I was awarded it from 16/10/2012 til 17/10/2017. I received payment on 17th oct, should I expect another payment this month because it is paid in arrears? I'm a bit confused? Or was my last payment on the 17th oct when my dla award ended? I didn't know I...

Last reply
  • Esa assessment

I am so so stressed and my anxeity is at its worst. I had my esa assessment last week and the lady wasn't very nice at all I left feeling the worse ever she wouldn't let my son speak who is my carer she made me feel like I was telling lies. I get enhanced pip and standard pip. I felt like she...

Last reply
  • esa form

around a month ago my son was awarded esa , spoke to advisor on the phone and he was placed on esa and a letter was sent saying they be in touch if they need more evidence , yesterday I received a form to fill in asking the same question as before I have contacted cab to help fill in the form for my...

Last reply
  • Carers allowance

Hi, does anyone know if my daughter in law can claim carers allowance for my 22 year grandson. as she has just been made redundant. He alreadys has pip and is waiting on his esa claim. Thanks in advance. kriss

Last reply
  • Advice for pip review

I was awarded pip in Nov 2015 till may 18th 2018 for depression and anxiety. My mental health worker sent the form with my evidence and I was awarded standard rate daily living with no f2f. I received the review form, filled it in and sent in time. I received a text saying they received it and they...

Last reply
  • Should I Have Been Sent Another ESA 50 Form To Fill In

I Have Been Sent For To Attend A Work Related Assessment On Friday 10th November 2017 But The Last ESA 50 Form I Filled In Was April 2016 And Since Then My Condition Has Changed As I Firstly Lost My Mum After Caring For Her For 5 Years Which Made My Mental Health Issues Far Worse And Caused A Couple...

Last reply
  • Pip review forms

recieved my pip review forms and its daunting trying to find the right words for some of the questions. its not as easy as it looks. any advice would be appreciated. 

Last reply
  • DLA to PIP

I am on DLA high rate mobility & middle rate care.  I have had the assessment a week ago for PIP.  Today my DLA was due to be paid into the bank but it was not. When a phone call was made to the DWP they said that there was no reason why I should not of been paid today & the payment...

Last reply
  • Pip review update

Hi all just an update on my pip review had my review back at the end off August,had a letter 3 weeks ago telling me that they have all the info they need so I've been waiting on that dreadful brown letter too arrive.....and today it came, my decision has been made and I'm so happy too say I've...

Last reply
  • NEW PIP GUIDANCE

Hello. Just heard the other day about the new pip guidelines to activity 7 and 9 under the daily living on pip, does this mean current awards that scored points on 7 or 9 and none of the other or vice versa mean that a court ruling the dwp have to give a point or two on the descriptor that scored zero...

Last reply
  • Davey

Good morning all I done my pip test last thursday in edinburgh,I found it reasonable maybe a bit long but its over.So question is there a set time for a answer?. I am in the process of early retirement through ill health from my work. Working for the same company for 40 years and not ever needing help...

Last reply
  • Appeal Advice

I’ve just got my date for my ESA appeal, it’s this month the 27th, I’m absolutely terrified. Could someone give me some tips about how to get through it without making a fool of myself. What will I expect? And how to prepare myself. Thanks very much 

Last reply
  • Claiming pip for anxiety and depression ?

I'll try and keep this story short ....when I was 9 I witnessed the bakery across the road from were I lived blow up due to a gas fault I also seen the owner in flames and as you can imagine it was a traumatic experience which caused me to have mental health problems including panic attacks , my...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.