Skip to content

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • Removal of established PIP benefit.

Does anyone think the 'powers that be' are deliberately taking the PIP benefit from claimants before they are 64 even though they have been receiving it (established and confirmed by the dreaded assessment and DWP decision makers etc for many years)? I received PIP following a face to face assessment,...

Last reply
  • PIP award

Hi everyone I've been getting low rate mobility for about 18 months when I got my renewal pack (roughly mid January). My first 2 f2f were cancelled due to weather and got one mid March. I've just rung DWP as I've not had a letter yet and they said I was no longer getting mobility but was...

Last reply
  • Basic state pension.

Hi.......I have my basic state pension and pension guarantee totalling £163. a week. However New claimants get £163.00. in one payment per week. Will my pension always be paid in 2 parts as opposed  to new claimants who get it in one payment. I hope i have explained it ok so you understand....

Last reply
  • PIP after 65

If you claim PIP and you have to take it to tribunal for high rate mobility and you lose is it true you cannot claim it again??

Last reply
  • f2f appointment

hi it me well its almost there the f2f appointment tomorrow , Ive tried to keep myself busy so not to think on it , I did let my son know this time and hes not a happy bunny so to speak ive explained to him not to worry but and id do all the speaking with being his appointee , but I must admit I will...

Last reply
  • savings credit

Hi all....... Is it correct that because I am on the old state pension + pension credit  and not the new one that I can't claim savings credit. It seems a little unfair to me and is the pension credit element changing under universal credit. thanks

Last reply
  • PIP review

I got PIP enhanced both in 2016, award ends 21 May 2019. What date will I get review form. I am away 29th April to 11th May this year. If my review form arrives when I am away, how do I ring for an extension to fill form in. Do they check Facebook and whatsapp. My name on FB is different to the official...

Last reply
  • Unable to go out and pip review form

Hi everyone, I sent off the new pip review form for my son, on it they say someone may telephone us for further information, so now I'm worrying about going out in case I'm driving and can't answer my phone, will they call back?, I'm supposed to go to the docs next week and am thinking...

Last reply
  • mr stephen okelly

iv been on dla high rate ,and middlele rate care for 10yrs indefinate ,with a brain tumor enlarged splean fatty,non  alcholic liver , arthritis  in my legs and arms wer ering aid,blind in 1 eye, sleep apnia ,and seazures which are under control,,plus 32 tablets a day ,,,and sumtimes use a walking...

Last reply
  • drug abuse

why is it that drug addicts get methadone in scotland free and some get pip but people who are generally disabled dont its all wrong  

Last reply
  • I anything being done about these assessors lying??

Morning everyone and what a lovely sunny day it is going to be!! But for most of us on here or those who have just received notice to say NO PIP awarded to taken away are going to waste the day and other days worrying or upset with the decision. Denise you are simply just great giving everyone advise...

Last reply
  • PIP CLAIM REVIEW NEED PAPER BASED ASSESSMENT

i am currently trying to get a paper based assessment for my pip review i first got sent a appointment to attend a centre then after speaking to them another appointment for a home assessment but i am unable to do this i suffer from severe anxiety and depression  the process is causing me conditions...

Last reply
  • Refused my appeal

Got refused my appeal today can somebody tell me if u are video recorded whilst having ur assessment? Only the woman who done mine told nothing but lies? Taking it to Tribunal!!!!!

Last reply
  • Me again..... the wait is making me nervous.

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun. Tomorrow will be two weeks since the DWP decision maker has had my report and the wait for the brown letter in the post is making me nervous. Can I not call to see if a decision has been made or do I have to wait for the letter. Thank you x

Last reply
  • PIP advice

Hi, Im 31, male and fed up. I have pernicious anemia, depression, anxiety and an intermittent pain in my left arm that has gone from a dull pain, like a dead arm, to an excruciating pain which renders my lower arm and hand nearly unusable when it flares up. I have yet to get a diagnosis for my arm,...

Last reply
  • PIP assessment lies

Hi  I have a spinal cord injury and was indefinite DLA in 2010. I was told just after Christmas I need to make a claim for PIP as DLA aid ending. I have done all this and had a F2F. I’ve not had a decision yet but have requested the assessors report which I received yesterday. The report is completely...

Last reply
  • PIP under paid!

Hello everyone, I was awarded Daily living standard rate of £55.65(£222.60) on 21-03-18 into my account, £16.37 on 11-04-18, today £151.05, anyone know why? Thanks Twiglet,

Last reply
  • Confused

I went to CAB on Friday and they filled in my PIP form for me which I signed. They also sent a lot of evidence that I produced which the girl said was very good. We spent 2 hours doing the form but at the end of the day it seemed to boil down to one question which was at the end and was based on how...

Last reply
  • Esa wrong amount?

Hi all I've been claiming ESA now for 2 years..i found out this time last year it looks like been getting the wrong amount..would anyone here know? I'm support group and contributions based, Esa have classed my pension as occupational when it is in fact an invalid pension ( medically discharged...

Last reply
  • What next

Hi, I’m currently on contributionary ESA in support group until next April. Does anyone know what happens then as my conditions remain unchanged. It is playing on my mind as I’m told they are making things harder in this category!??

Last reply
  • PIP and mental health

So a bit about me i have problems with anxiety, depression, psychosis and paranoia. I lost my claim when DLA went to PIP and lost me reconsider. Only recently I tried again for PIP as nothing is better for me and i hear they are more understanding on mental health now. So my conditions effect me in...

Last reply
  • Tribunal won for ESA

Won my Tribunal for ESA.  It's been 3 weeks so far and still not received any back pay money.. How long does it take to receive ESA after winning it 

Last reply
  • BEEN GIVEN AN EXTENSION

Hi I asked for the extension by way of Registered Mail and had a reply within a matter of days, so I was pleased about that.  Tomorrow I go to the CAB for help with completing the form but I have managed to get a lot of paperwork to substantiate my PIP Claim, feel that I can do no more It has affected...

Last reply
  • Pip review and new doctor

Hi everyone, I'm currently filling in a pip review form for my son, when he first claimed pip after dla ended his doctor was different to the one he sees now, the practice has become a group practice and although his original doctor is still there my son now sees a different doctor as we feel he's...

Last reply
  • ESA Medical Assesment - Decision timeframe

Hi I've been on contribution based ESA for over two years and due to mistakes with DWP only received my first home assesment two weeks ago. I've been on the assesment rate all this time. Can anyone please explain what happens next, I understand the groups etc and was lucky to have a great doctor...

Last reply
  • Pip mobility without daily living?

Hi I'm new here I had my pip assessment 4 weeks ago and received a copy of report couple of days ago. She had given me 6 points for daily living and 8 points for mobility. After reading the report she had totally disregarded my mental health issues, she asked how I was feeling on the day and I told...

Last reply
  • Pension on grounds of ill health.

Hi all I have a question ..I'm due a lump sum of pension totalling approx. £22,000. As i understand it anything over £16000 and your ESA stops. So..at what point can you re apply for ESA ? Is it when you are down to less than £6000?

Last reply
  • Miss

I went for a LWCRA assessment for Universal Credit yesterday & I am wondering if anybody knows how long it will take to receive the decision. Is is similar to the time after an assessment for ESA? i was moved over to Universal Credit last October after failing to qualify for ESA after my assessment....

Last reply
  • Esa questioner

Is it usual to be sent esa capability questionnaire just 9 mths into an 18 mth award.. I had f2f in july last yr and continued in the income related esa support group.for 18 mths. I have now received a questionnaire just 9 mths layer when my current claim doest end till next January.. Im confused....

Last reply
  • assessment

im not sure if you,ll remember me from a few weeks ago when i brought up about my son being on dla ,which is now going to change to pip well the form were filled in for the 28th march and ive just received date of f2f for the 23rd april i thought id have to be waiting ages , i surpose it best getting...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.