Skip to content
Ad

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • ESA form and face to face assessment

Ok I filled out my esa claim questionnaire form in march.  I am due a face to face  assessment in the next fortnight but since I filled out my questionnaire my condition had worsened and I have a few more disabilities  that have developed and it means that I didn't tick them on the...

Posted
  • ESA and PIP

I have recently has a a PIP assessment and the report was full of lies and contradictions . I'm due an ESA  assessment soon are the assessors just as bad when doing the ESA or is it the same ?

Last reply
  • ESA and PIP at 64 and 65

Hi all, I claim both of these, I will be 64 next month and as far as I can work out my ESA will cease when my State Pension kicks in, in March next year ? But I am so confused as to what will happen to my PIP, will I have to be re assessed? What always puzzles me is when a patient has been claiming...

Last reply
  • Bad back, bad elbows, burning when seated

I have written on other parts of these forums about my health. I am currently working and my back is in agony some days. I only do some lifting and standing (work in a supermarket). I don't know if I can continue this as I am now 55 and struggling. Plus I am just about divorced (just being finalised)....

Last reply
  • Please advise - PIP refusal

After 12 years on higher rate disability, I had my PIP assessment and was declined, The problem is the decision is littered with inaccuracies/mistruths, some vital (in my opinion) to the decision. Since surviving a near fatal RTA after someone opened up a car door onto me (I actually died twice on the...

Last reply
  • Pip assesment today... puzzled

Hi everyone.... I've suffered with rhuematoid arthritis for 9 years now - I'm 29, diagnosed at 20. It's never been under control, I have been through loads of biologic drugs, humiera, cimzia, enbrel, tocilizumab to name a few (sorry about spelling) all no improvement or reactions to them....

Last reply
  • Pip no ftf

Hi y'all wonder if you can assist me ? I have a friend who applied for pip about 3 and a half weeks ago, they forgot too give them there bank details and they phoned him on Friday too ask for them, when he came off the phone he phone'd and told me they asked for them then told him over the phone...

Last reply
  • pip and esa tribunals

I have just read that 65% of tribunals overturn original decisions . So obviously the assessments and the decision makers are not doing there jobs properly , I have read stories of people who have carried out the face to face assessment have lied on the reports and not put down the correct details on...

Last reply
  • PIP Report full of lies

I have just received my face to face assessment copy of report which the assessment was done at my home . OMG  !!!  Where do I start it's full of lies  Says on the report  Whilst diagnosed with anxiety And depression he is not prescribed any medication  I have been prescribed...

Last reply
  • Text saying DWP will call me...help

Had face to face assessment about four weeks ago, just received text saying they will call me to let me know outcome within three hours. Never had this before....am now in absolute panic. Does this mean I haven't got it? Has this happened to anyone before. Just burst into tears when I got it..am...

Last reply
  • PIP

Hi I have just been diagnosed with autism instead of personality disorder pip has my diagnosis as personally disorder do I have to let them know that it has been changed

Last reply
  • query about length of pip.

hello folks. just posting this to see if others have had similar situation to my friend. shs received her 1st pip payment in July this year after a f2f at home.she's been given the benefit plus back pay.she is bemused by what the letter said and the dates. it says benefit awarded from July 2017 to...

Last reply
  • mandatory reconsideration

Can I mandatory reconsideration for be done over the phone i.e  Instead of writing to them to tell them why you think the decision was wrong and having to explain in writing , can it be done over the phone where you explain over the phone why you think the decision was wrong ? 

Last reply
  • PIP

Hello, After much debating with myself I have decided to tick all the no change boxes.  The form came a year early but I did expect this.  I receive the standard rate PIP for care, I was 4 points short of receiving a mobility award. ​The only changes I have is that since December 2016 I have...

Last reply
  • Finally PIP decision letter has come

Hi all I went for my assessment in July and today received the decision letter. I was previously on standard rate for both components. I have been awarded enhanced care and remain on standard rate for mobility. Disappointed with mobility component as I struggle a lot. What's the best way to appeal...

Last reply
  • Failed ESA face to face

Ok I have a severe gastrointestinal problem classed as ibs.  This problem started after having an hemorrhoidectomy operation . I have severe diarrhoea which makes it impossible to even go short journeys because of possible accidents . I had to have a home face to face assessment . I did not receive...

Last reply
  • Blue Badge Scheme

He everyone im Julie. I'm new to this group as didn't know about it. I've been awarded enhanced rate daily living and mobility after winning my appear at tribunal. Both innapropriate to fix a term. I believe that to be 10 years. If I'm wrong can someome tell me please. Severely limited...

Last reply
  • Back pain

Hi all need some help I am on standard rate for a bad back I have a stimulater fitted for pain. But I have been in hospital 2 times in 2 month for back pain but lost the feeling in left leg and keeps giving way. Has this is a new problem ( do I phone up for a new review or just wait till ther ask me...

Last reply
  • What happens if you don't go to a medical?

Hi, hope you are all well, Just wondered if anyone on the board has not been to their medical - if so what happened? is it a guarantee that benefits would be stopped? I'm just being curious.....as I've noted in another discussion - my report was full of lies (from what she's written It sounds...

Last reply
  • I stopped ESA.....what to do now?

Hello,can anyone offer advice please. I have chronic pain ,arthritis,severe depression and anxiety. I was upto about 2 months ago claiming ESA,i hadn't been claiming for long about 6 weeks i believe,along with housing benefit. Anyway i had a severe attack of anxiety and it caused me,against my wifes...

Last reply
  • Esa support group and pip

I'm wanting some advice and I've been reading a lot on here and I'm quite confused so thought I'd post to see what different answers I get I've recently just had a medical for my esa and had a letter saying id been put in the support group I claim joint with my boyfriend for esa...

Last reply
  • Advice please.

Hi all, I have messaged on this site and recieved amazing advice each time. I do have a question which is similar to what i have asked before. I am 27 and a dwarf standing at 4ft5, I went for an assesment for PIP last november and from that i was accepted for standard pip for daily living.  ...

Last reply
  • Pip tribunal successful

Hi I'm new to this site so not sure if I'm in right discussion part I went to court on 7 the July2016 and won my pip appeal got enhanced rate on living and mobility today 26 the July 2016 I got a letter from DWP saying they want to get statements of reasons to wish to consider appealing against...

Last reply
  • Problems with universal credit..

Just looking for advice. I get highest rate income related ESA and highest rate PIP due to an operation at 18 giving me bad adhesions this pain and being wrongly diagnosed for 4 years which meant a lot of bile destroyed my bowel and now leaks out. Due to the stress of this I've got agoraphobia anxiety...

Last reply
  • Awaiting PIP decision

Hello All, I am currently awaitng my PIP decision. I had my assesment on the 26th of July and the report was sent back on the 27th of July. Can I ask peoples average waiting time. ​Also, is it possible to ask via phone to the PIP enquiry line the points that have been advised for myself on my report.

Last reply
  • Carers allowance, housing benefit and 10 hours work

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place or already answered.  I currently receive Carers allowance for looking after my husband.  He gets full rate Attenance Allowance and I get standard rate daily living.  We also get a small amount of housing benefit. My question is, if I...

Last reply
  • ESA

I applied for employment & support allowance at the beginning of January as I am unable to work due to a long term health condition. i have been receiving the assessment rate of esa for almost 32 weeks. i call DWP every 2 weeks to try & find out if they have a date for an assessment & I'm...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.