Pip claim

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i got thrown off pip in april i was on standard daily living i did a mandotary reconsideration in may and in thursdsy they rang me to say as i was my dads carer i didnt score points on my mental health at not going out.Even though i got pip before while i was my dads carer. Then she told me i had got 12 points altogeter including the mobility side im sure she said i would get more than previously. She mentioned having it backdated to april and she said a couple of times i would get standard standard. I really dont understand what she meant does anyone know what standard standard means thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI,

It's been a while since you posted for help so hopefully you're all sorted now and no longer need help.

• Posted

no i was trying to post and i couldnt for some reason .I did the mandatory and still got no points but then i think i said they rang me to say i had standard standard in bith .Then got another phone call to say they had made a mistake and i had scored no points . i have asked for an appeal but im not confident as they said because im my dads carer i cant claim the mental health side as i make an effort to go to his house .But i do have social anxiety and as i explained to them i get a lift to his house and back home and i dont leave his house to look after him .I cant leave him he cant do anything for himself and in his 80s .I have got athritis and i am under councilinng with the mental heath and im having cbt .I di struggle every day i have 4 weeks to fill the appeal in and today is week 3 .I dont know what to do thanks

• Posted

As the MR decision didn't change then it's Tribunal next and you can do this online. You can be a carer and claim PIP BUT if the reasons you're caring for someone contradict the reasons why you're claiming PIP then yes it can go against you.

For example, if you said in the form that you don't go out but you to your Dad's house to care for him then this is a contradiction.

• Posted

hi ive just had my appeal on wednesday i dont think it went very well it wasnt very nice. They sisnt ask much information and kept telling me ro stop going on and just awnser the questions.They said i would have heard by friday but i havnt heard anything as yet.It was a telephone appeal

• Posted

It can take up to 3 weeks to receive the decision letter after a Tribunal hearing.

• Posted

hi denise thank you for awnsering . Ive just recieved my letter saying they have awarded me the enhanced mobilty side and not the daily living that i was on before they are saying i should have been on it from my last claim in 2017 to 2020 but now i have recieved a letter from pip this norning saying they will not be paying me the benefit awarded from the appeal untill they have looked further into

it what does this mean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.