Pip first time app

Posted , 2 users are following.

My mental health nurse applied for pip for me in july i have recived a text today saying they have recived the written report of my pip assesment i have not had an interveiw face to face of over the phone. has this happened to anyone before i am conserned they dont think i warrent an interveiw and have turned me down this is causing me so much stress and anxiety

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI,

It sounds like you've had a paper based assessment, which is rare but can and does most definitely happen, my daughter had one for her last review.

I've yet to hear of anyone that's been refused through a paper based assessment. It basically means they had enough of information and a face to face assessment wasn't needed.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. Once you receive this you should look online for the PIP descriptors and compare the dots at the back of the report against the descriptors. You will then be able to add up any points that may have been recommended. Please be aware it's just a recommendation, although the decision maker usually goes with the report. It's rare to go against it but this can and does happen.

Don't celebrate just yet because a decision hasn't been made but please try to relax because it can only mean good news.

Payment is usually received in your bank before a decision letter is received.

• Posted

thank you so much i did contact the asessment people and they did say they spoke to my mental health nurse. iv rang pip and they are sending me a report out so i will get my mum to go through that for me im not really up to it at the moment pip also said if i havent had my decision letter by 21/12/20 to call them and they should be able to tell me over the phone if the desision has been made. i just carnt wait for it to all be over its caused me even more stress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.