Esa medical report

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi got a copy of my esa medical report it says in justification of advice that I have an enduring mental health condition. Im on high does medication but also says a longer term prognosis is advised can anyone help with what this means please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Longer term means length of time but timescales mean nothing for ESA because you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

What you need to be looking at in that assessment report is the LCW and LCWRA recommendations at the back of the report. If the recommendation is LCW then this is WRAG if it's LCWRA then this is Support Group.

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply it's definitely support group. When I read and it said a longer term prognosis is advised does that mean they would need to find out if my condition is long term or they saying they advise it will be

• Posted

It means a recommendation for the length of time for the award, which is usually either short term, medium term or long term but as advised, timescales mean nothing for ESA because you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

Support Group is also an ongoing award.

They are not there to make any recommendations regarding a diagnosis of your health conditions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.