Health care costs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi it been a wile since i asked for help.

I just found out today that i have contribution based ESA not income based, is there a chance that I will still get help towards my health costs. As a house hold we only have just over £1,500 a month income thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi just me again is there anyone out there who can give me any advice to my last statement thanks

  • Edited


    You will need to apply for the NHS low Income Scheme here.

    Whether you'll qualify is another matter.

    Have you used a benefits calculator to check entitlement to Universal Credit? If you live with a partner, you claim as a couple and both your circumstances will be taken into consideration.

    Your ESA will be deducted in full from any UC entitlement.

    If you have savings/capital of more than £16,000 you're excluded from claiming. A claim for UC will end any tax credits you may already be claiming.

  • Posted

    Annoyingly, i posted a long reply and added a couple of links and my comment is waiting to be moderated. Extremely annoying as i spent my time replying and i don't have time or the health to type it all again.

  • Posted

    Also want to add that this forum is extremely quiet, almost at the point of "no one posts." you may want to find another forum to post any further questions you may have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.