Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering from brain strokes since 2016 and tongue disorder since long. Now I am unable to do any job because my right side is not working. If I am walking, I have a fear of falling down so my wife is helping me to do any type of work. Mostly I am feeling dizzy.

Thats why I want to apply for disability allowance and i need a disability badge from nhs.


Arshid Mahmood

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

  • Posted

    It would be PIP you will need to look at claiming but it's not about your ability to work. What is considered is exactly how your health conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities. Lots of information available through a google search, unfortunately, links can't be posted here otherwise i would post some links.

    For a blue badge (disablity badge as you called it) then this isn't from the NHS. You can apply for this from your local Authority and you don't need a PIP mobility award to be able to claim this. You'll need to look at your LA's website to see what their criteria is and send in evidence to support your claim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.