Not received my PIP regular payment advice please

Posted , 20 users are following.

Can someone please offer help or advice I am so worried my regular PIP payment has not gone into my bank account I recently had an assessment at home and was getting my PIP money every four weeks however this would have been my next payment and it has not gone into my bank account what are the normal procedures following an assesment I am desperate to understand why I haven't been paid

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know because until they make/inform you of decision you should be paid as usual, they don't stop payments without informing you first, or so I'm told, give them a ring and ask the question

03458503322 is DWP number

• Posted

I have spoken to them this morning & they tell me they had to stop my payment because of a previous overpayment which they have to take out of my normal payment b4 they release it so it will take up until the end of next week b4 I get my usual pip payment, also they told me that my reassessment has be done I will still be getting the PIP but not the same amount etc but they wouldn't tell me how much and when etc that Has also been put in writing to me I don't really understand the PIP system and I am worried to death I assume if I was no longer entitled to PIP they would have informed me of this today? I have asked a friend to help me in the meantime but she obviously needs the cash back ASAP so worrying but thank you for your kind reply

• Posted

Hi, i cant see why they could not tell you while you were on the phone to them. Has your"e award gone up or down? HOPE IT"S GONE UP FOR YOU.  Ta.

• Posted

So were you on high rate or low because if its low and its changed then it can only go up and vice versa, the fact that they say you have overpayment I would say it seems like it may go down otherwise you wouldn't have overpayment

• Posted

It is possible that you have failed to secure a new award and that the decision letter has been lost in the post or is late in arriving?
  • Posted

I got a text within 3 days saying they were looking into my claim 2 weeks later I got a decision  they can't stop your pip until you are notified.i wpull ring them.

• Posted

As I have said, they may well have been notified but the notification letter has gone astray?
  • Posted

I can only imagine that it has gone down then as I was previously on the higher rate, however as someone else's previous comment my review was also 12 months b4 the initial review date as my first award was 2 years ago and was until July 2017 however they seem to do the reassessment well in advance a year infact. All I can do is sit tight and wait & see

• Posted

Hi Emma u will get a letter then your money will go in about 2 weeks after
  • Posted

I won my mandatory reconsideration guys so please don't give up hope..Access local charities to get support, it really helps to have an advocate.

• Posted

Well my pip was stopped in October 2016 I had a mandatory reconsideration a d I lost they 5 months after I went to a tribuneral and I won the case it was found out the man who did my asstment lied about me being able to do things so in April last year I got £2350 backdated today the 1/2/18 I've woke up and my payment is not in my bank what's the best thing I do

• Posted

Hi I think you will find that when it goes to tribunal there is a finish date on your letter, whatever it is you have to apply again so many weeks before, if you have missed this date you have to start all over again, I also suggest you start a new thread as this is over a year old.

Check your paper work or give them a ring

• Posted

Thanks AlexandraGizmo

I have been paid now it was my mistake I changed my payment details and forget I do but thanks for your help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.