Not received my PIP regular payment advice please

Posted , 20 users are following.

Can someone please offer help or advice I am so worried my regular PIP payment has not gone into my bank account I recently had an assessment at home and was getting my PIP money every four weeks however this would have been my next payment and it has not gone into my bank account what are the normal procedures following an assesment I am desperate to understand why I haven't been paid

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

my first backdated pip payment was due to be paid into my account but ive not received it yet

• Posted

@Hendy2 DWP do not make any payments on a Saturday. If you were expecting a backdated payment from DWP today, then this will have been because your bank will have released the funds to you on a Saturday, which some banks still do. Although there are some banks that no longer do this, natwest being one of them.

• Posted

There's can only be 2 possible answers here. You've either been refused, or you've been given a lower award this time.

After a review if either of these happen there will mostly always be a small overpayment depending on the PIP payment dates and when the decision was made.

I don't understand why they couldn't tell you what the decision was over the phone though. A decision must have been made more than a few days ago for your payment not to have been paid when it was supposed to have been. Although saying that, if a refusal has been made they are not supposed to tell you the decision over the phone.

Reviews no longer take place a year before the award is due to end, this changed quite sometime ago. Under normal times they are now done 6 months before the award is due to end, if you were awarded by DWP. If awarded by Tribunal then DWP contact you 14 weeks before the award is due to end.

• Posted

@Hendy2 I've just noticed that you've posted on a thread that's 2 years old... A new thread would have been better because it causes confusion when asking on someone else's thread.... hense why i also answered the original person's question.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.