Success after being on PIP & sending in new Form

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have just filled in a form sent by PIP having been sent it after being on PIP since 2018. Nothing much has changed except not being able to use my hands properly so I have told them that,I have been on Standard Daily Living & Mobility as I have Arthritis,Angina,Diabetes2,Fibromyalgia & Chronic Spondylosis in my lower back. Has anybody done this recently & not had to go for an assessment & been awarded their PIP again just by letter?All documents including a patient care list from my GP has been sent with it. Thank You.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Most people have assessments even for reviews so you should expect one of those. The majority of them are being done by telephone. Whether this will still be the case by the time you have yours, i have no idea. There's huge backlogs for assessments at the moment and some are waiting as long as several months.

Although you said nothing much has changed with your conditions, i hope you filled out the form with as much information as possible and treated it as a new claim.

A patient care list from a GP isn't the best evidence to send.

Myself and my daughter both had our reviews last year and we managed a paper based assessment for both. Though this is very rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.