Pip

Posted , 2 users are following.

the dwp have appealed my trinunal claim the tribunal have awarded me pip but ive had a letter saying the dwp have applied for a statement of reasons for the decision from the tribunal has anyone has this before

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

No, DWP haven't appealed any decision. What they've done is requested the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. To appeal the decision they must find the error in law once they receive both of these. If the error in law isn't found they can't appeal the decision.

There's no timescales how long it will take to receive both of these because the judge doesn't write either of them unless they are requested. Once they are requested the judge will write them when they have the time to do so but how long this will take is anyones guess.

Once both of those have bee written and sent DWP will then have a further 1 month to request the appeal.

It's rare for DWP to appeal any decision but unfortunately, in the meantime there's nothing more at all you can do but wait.

I must admit DWP were extremely quick in requesting these.

• Posted

thank you i have just rang the dwp as i was going over and over it anyway the man in the phone said there had been a note left on the computer screen asking if i ring i had to be out through to him hes the case appeal manager but he left at 5 and it was half 5 so hes sent him a note asking him to ring me back tommorow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.