Esa

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on esa for a number of yrs and had a medical assessment on 11th Oct, to date I have heard nothing, is it usual to take this long,

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi I had mine on the 4th December and got my Decision letter on the 24th Of December It depends on areas and backlog Hopefully you will hear soon

• Posted

How longs a piece of string, they are really backlogged so it's probably not unexpected

Just remember no news is good news so it could be to your advantage

• Posted

HI,

It could be that the assessment report was sent for audit, if this happens it can significantly delay the decision process.

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. Once you receive it take a look at the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be. They usually go with the report and it's rare to go against it but you'll still need to wait for a decision to be made.

Unfortunately, there's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

• Posted

Surely if its gone to audit then dwp won't have it yet

• Posted

If has been returned then of course they will have it but it could have been sent to audit to start with. Until you ring to request the report you won't know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.