Please help, body aches!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello people, i was diagnosed with graves disease in april and started 30 mg methimazole. Everything was normal for almost two months, finally felt like i was gained my life back, until doctor reduced my dosage because i went hypo. Then all of a sudden i started experiencing extreme body aches, i couldn't even walk. We thought it was methimazole allergy so since then i tried both carbimazole and ptu. Body pain didn't stop. Also i lost of the weight i managed to gain. We were reducing the dose because of the pain and because of my blood tests since tsh was always rising and t4 was falling. Now i take 50mg of ptu which is the lowest dosage and i still experience pain. Also it is strange because i have all the hyper symptoms, despite the fact that i am closer to the hypo range and t4 keeps falling. T4 is 0.8 (previous month was 1.2) and tsh is 1.5 (previous month was 0.9). Also i am freezing to death. How can i have all the hyper symptoms but freezing and levels are closer to hypothyroidism? I am at my lowest weight, can't climb stairs, muscle hurt and are stiff, dry hair falling, dry skin, shaking. Also i have acid reflux (which was the first symptom i had with hyperthyroidism). I just want my life back 😭😭😭

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.