Please help- Globus Sensation is destroying my life 01/2020

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am 20 years old and I believe I may have Globus Sensation. It started 4/5 months ago with an incident where I thought i was choking/ had a piece of food stuck (I did not). For hours I tried coughing anything up and looking in my throat to see if I could see anything abnormal. I did have some irritation & cobble stoning in the back of my throat, however nothing that should have cause the inability to swallow. That night and the following night I did not sleep and i have not eaten solid food since. I have had every test besides an ultra sound of my thyroid (several blood tests, ENT scope, GI endoscopy, xrays, CAT scans, Swallow studies (barrium swallow incomplete due to panic attack). I have lost 20/25 pounds, im already only 5'3" and petite. I have developed gall stones as a result of the weight loss and I fear that I will become more unhealthy as the weeks go by. I am on a liquid diet however I am not healthy enough to go about normal everyday activites. I am afraid for my life Please give any advice. Additionally I am being treated for acid reflux (omeprazol + liquid Kerafin?) My family doctor wants to start me on Amatryptaline (antidepressant as well as for globus patients?) please help me I dont know what to do anymore Ive been to many doctors with no avail. I feel very alone and afraid many people look at me and assume i have an eating disorder. I very much would love to start eating again and get back to a normal healthy life.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One method is to make a weekly or daily plan, you can write it down. Decide in advance your tasks: what are you going to eat, what are you going to do to get healthier and feel better. Small easy steps first and proceed from that.

• Posted

hello i have globus and i was so scared when it first happened to me i went hospital a&e 3 times i still have it now im also taking meds for acid reflux lansoprazol every morning and i think it had helped ive been on it for 2 and half months it took about 2 months to feel any relief though and eating food will help the feeling go try mash potato with beans doeant sound great but it helped me oh and the one food that i cant do cause it give the feeling of a even bigger lump is sweet corn it will get better as u timea goes on as u learn to forget and relax honestly the more u think about it the worse it will be xxxz

• Posted

i have bin told i have got it 2 its so hobble as any of felt like a small pill in throat about 5mins after eating food i need no pls put my mind at rest

• Posted

the same thing happens to me as well. no matter what food it is besides yogurt/ice cream i get the feeling like it builds up in my throat or i have something stuck

• Edited

am the same had it years, drives me insane, i rarely eat, also my nose has been buggered 8 years with 2 failed operations , i drink loads coz of dry mouth , then that makes me so sick, i haven't worked since 2015 coz of all this. someone help here. im going crazy, x i never made any first appointments, coz im drained ive been housebound 8 flipping years apart from nipping quick to the shop thats it. am only 36. i jist dont know . am on anti depressants, jad antibiotics this year twice and they doubles my 30mg lansoprazole.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.