Please help!I've been suffering from weird skin disorders for 6 weeks after Hand-Foot-Mouth disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

I contracted HFM disease 6 weeks ago. I had it on my whole body, it was very severe. After the symptoms were finally gone in 12-14 days, my skin started to peel off on my feet and hands. In the meantime, severe fungal infections started on my fingernails and feet. All this out of the blue, I had never had any of these. A big itchy rash appeared on my left arm a week ago and doesn't seem to get any better. I treat my fungal infections 5 times a day yet they are getting worse and worse. I also noticed something really weird...the lesions that I was having during HFM disease appear on and off on my hands. I know HFM should be dormant but somehow my body doesn't seem to be able to get rid of its symptoms. What professional should I turn to?  It is miserable and embarrassing. All my fingernails are white and yellow from fungus, I can't go out without socks on, I have an itchy rash to deal with. It's been like this for 6 weeks...what should I do? I am losing all hope that this will ever get any better. sad(( I have seen 4 doctors for these in the past few weeks and nothing has gotten any better.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm a 27-year-old female btw.
  • Posted

I can understand. I am at the end of third week and had awful blisters. All the finger peeling and feet. I think my fingers are having a second peeling!!! My nails appear to be detaching from the nail bed. How long does this hideous disease last? I am a 55 and a wife and mom. My son and husband got this too but a very mild case.
  • Posted

I believe that all these signs should have gone away by now? Supposedly all this nail shedding is still caused by the HFMD virus and happens up to 2 months after the main disease signs (blisters etc.) have disappeared. I don't think HFMD lingers after infection; it's not like the chicken pox virus. A dermatologist would be my main recommendation.
  • Posted

Hi. Please tell us your current situation . My 7 Ys old daughter in involved . After 14 days she has little trace of brown rash uner palm and foot skin and start to peelig .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.