Please help!! Sensations of cold patches on random parts of body

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have extreme health anxiety and have been going through a very bad episode for the past 3 months. I just can't can back to feeling like myselfsad The physical symptoms send me into a panic attack. Does anyone get sensations of cold patches on their arms or legs or other parts of the body randomly. They don't last long but are just annoying and scary especially when you have such bad health anxiety. It feels almost like an icy sensation like when you put cooling cream on your muscles and it gives a cold sensation.

2 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, this has been going on a lot with my left leg. An area of it gets really cold and then tingly. It goes away after a minute or so, but you're right it is very concerning. Try not to overthink it though, if you know it's anxiety.

Feel better hon xoxo

• Posted

I know what you mean but I have heat. I'm so bad at the moment. I panic with everything and everyone. The doctors keep upping my mess but that's not helping. I'm reading into everything. When will it stop and life goes back to normal. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

hi rosedee

I have some warm sensations in my right foot but now in my right leg too from Last 10 days

also a bit tingling now

from last one n half months I also become extremely tired after doing small activity ..feel fatigued after 8 hours of sleep

m 31 f

m also vitamin d deficient and suffering from severe anxiety

what Google says is horrible

• Posted

I get this all the time. Are you sleep deprived? I find this brings it on or makes it worse. 15 mins controlled breathing helps soothe it a bit xx
  • Posted

I know this was 2 years ago but I was just wondering if the cold sensations ever went away? How long it took? What helped. This past month I started getting chest pains, tension headaches and cold spots all over my body. I've had ekg's, cat scan and blood work done (all came back normal). They think I have severe anxiety. These random cold spots scare me sometimes though. Not sure what to do to get rid of them.

• Posted

yes i hsve been getting cold tigles all over my body i have been going through very sever anxiety my self .. do yours feel like tiny cold pin pricks but cold .. i do tence all day long as well my whole body with my anxeity

• Edited

I know this is 2 years ago but please i have exactly the same going on and my anxietys through the roof because of it
  • Posted

i get the same thing on my forehead. its really wired. i have severe health anxiety to and it really scares me. my gp told me he didnt know what it was which scared me even more. ive had it for years
  • Posted

i am experiencing that right now. i'm also having these weird sensations in my arms, legs, and neck and i am guessing it is my veins. i have convinced myself that i will have heart failure or something soon because i think my body is struggling to pump blood to my heart. i have been experiencing symptoms for a week now and this is all new to me. i am 16 and so worried. i wanna get prescribed with something that can calm me down or make me feel better but my mom does not want me to "get used to taking pills" or "risk my life for corona virus". im honestly tired of all of this and i am so focused on not dying i am unable to eat, sleep, or work out in order to possibly better myself. If anyone has advice please let me know!

• Posted

Do you also experience other symptoms like chest pains, abdominal pains, bloated, nausea and headache? I've been feeling the same cold sensation on random parts of my body since 4 months ago.. It doesn't last long but its making me anxious as well..

• Posted

hi Sanjay .these are caused by anxiety.as long as you have been checked out by your Dr and given a clean bill of health .i have had anxiety since i was 24 due to my brothers cancer and death at 25 .as it builds up in your system all these sensations go with it and now your in the fight or flight stage .somehow you need to relearn to focus outwardly of your body and not inward as that way every little pain or blimp internally becomes big for you and people like us with anxiety issues.What has hapoened to you to start you on this path in your life.eg are you being bullied or have issues at home or has the workd become a scary place.please try to avoid going on medication i agree with your mum .you need to learn to not be scared of these sensations and to let your mind look above them .have you had any panic attack yet? i dont know where you live but here in NZ we have a natural remedy its a capsule by Go Healthy its called stress remedy.it wont hurt you its L eathanine a natural amino acid that when depleted can cause anxiety symptoms i use it now and its fab..ask at a health shop .if you want to ask me any questions or just talk im here .i can promise you that you will get through this .try to get plenty of sleep as being tired can bring it on.also get on magnesium capsules .once again natural and as the worlds soil is depleted of magnesium we need to replace it and it too is a big cause of oroblems that can lead to your abd my symptoms esp heart rythm disturbances through stress. i hope ive helped you.i still get the idd cold sensations but as my stress levels have reduced so too have they .

• Posted

also have u had shingles by any chance .as i have and ive been left with post herpetic neuralgia so it causes my skin to itch .burn .weird sensations etc

• Posted

No.. I never had shingles before.. Is it because of anxiety that these cold spots/ sensation appear in random parts of my body.. I've had hypocalcemia before when the cold sensations started to appear.. After that it went away.. And then months later.. Its started to appear again..

• Posted

i personally think you have anxiety from it all .im not a dr so i cant advise you .but as you are only 1 of a few people like myself that suffer these odd sensations on your skin i am interested in sharing with you that ive had it .i see a homeopath now which helps as do the go stress tablets.i nursed my husband for 7 years with terminal cancer which he had fir 12 1/2 years .i lost him 10 weeks after our wee grandson passed

and i got unqell during these times with severe stress.stress causes a hormone called cirtisole to build up in your body.it causes many problems .have yiu been under any stress or have you gone through something really difficult that your not talking about? i think you said your 16? if it is stress causing anxiety which can be a overload of thoughts as well as physical then you need to find a way of bringing your anxiety down.you wont die from this but it can limit what you do in life .i hope im able to help

• Posted

i just reread your post your 16.ok my anxiety issues started at 22 im 59 now.so i want to help you as much as i can to get you over this so you dont have life ahead of you living under the anxiety umbrella ruling your life like i did .so.yes my sensations were like pops of freezing cold under my skin on eyelids arms scalp face legs back .sometimes felt like ice water trickled onto. me.like i said if your dr has checked you out and your ok then it sounds like anxiety very much to me.your describing all the symptoms of it.now its v important for you to exercise i know its hard with cirona virus i dont know what country your in im in new zealand.we have lots of open space .beaches etc.if yiu cant grt out do sit ups press ups etc .running on spot do half hour a day as it produces the good hormones .alao 20 mins a day lay or sit try to meditate squeeze your eyes holdfor 10 seconds then relax do this with each hand arm wrist mouth leg foit etc feel the difference in tense muscles then relaxed .breath in through nose for

5 then hold for 4 then let breath out slowly.you must try to sleep at night as lack of sleep will make you worse .stay of cell phone at least 1 or 2 hours before you sleep also gaming if you do that as these keep brain wired .get back to me i want to know how your doing .tell mum im not a nut case i really wana help if i can.remember life is good even if it dishes out yuck stuff at times.this virus will pass over time so dobt worry just stay safe and well

• Posted

Hello shona, thanks for the advices When i think about it, the cold sensations did appear when i felt worried about something.. Maybe I'm stress about something that i didnt realise.. I told the doctor when i first felt it.. But he just nod in silence and didn't give any feedback.. He just mentioned that i had hypocalcemia and proceed to the treatment.. I am not 16, i'm 23 years old.. Just finish college and started working.. But since corona happen, im at home being a lazy potato..

• Posted

That exactly how my cold sensations feel like.. Sometimes i also felt twitching under my skin.. Like on eyelids, hands, legs, random parts of my body.. I will try all the exercises and meditation that you mentioned.. Im so glad to know that im not the only one suffering from this..thank you so muchh.. Love from Malaysia

• Edited

hi im happy i could help.i remember being so scared when it first started and was at its peak .i get it back sometimes but i know its when i feel very stressed.it is a tendency you may have all your life but you will learn to control it and deal with it.the key is notice your bodys stress .during day think of your shoulders are they tensed .to find out just breath deep and relax them if they drop down then thats great indication.we tense up without knowing it.if you at work or college and feeling wound up take yourself off to bathroom sit in there and deep relaxation breaths and calm your mind.please stay in touch id like to know how you go. we are all feeling worried about this virus its a world problem but if you keep safe do all that they tel you to do then you will be fine ..

• Posted

hi Sanjay

how are feeling now ?

I have warm sensation on my right foot and cold sensation on calf muscle

lasts for 2 seconds

not annoying but scary

• Posted

Hi, i also have these cold spots as well as twitching under my skin. I have mild hypercalcemia and low vitamin d as well.

Wondering if you ever got any answers?

thanks!

• Posted

I also feel cold or wet sensation on my skin like a drop of water felt on it when i think about it or highly expect it. I Don't know what it is...

• Posted

hey , right now im having stomach issue and my blood keeps going cold ans i get these itchy or cold sensation do uou think ita due to my anxiety?

• Posted

hi Jash .as long as youve been checked out by your Dr then yes anxiety can definateinly do this.If your anxiety is something thats going on for a extended period of time the cortisol running around your body will have built up over time.This caused me to have tingling .and burning .mainly the top fronts of my legs .tben i got these weird sensations like cold water that randomly happened on my body ..and itchy patches at times mainly on upper arm .As time passed and my anxiety settled down which in my case took about 18 months the patches reduced.If i get v stressed or anxiety now they can return....try yoga learn to relax .yogas great to teach you to relax and also meditation .not long drawn out meditation but just enough to ground you when your mind and life is running away from you.

• Posted

you know as well that anxiety also can cause big stomach issues which as your anxiety settles down so will your tummy.as long as its nothing medical..

• Posted

hello how you doing ? im just wondering did you find out the cause of this or do you have any tips to stop it or calm it atleast ive had it for a few years and it completely takes over your life i keep thinking ill die from it its dreadful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.