Please help!! Sensations of cold patches on random parts of body

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have extreme health anxiety and have been going through a very bad episode for the past 3 months. I just can't can back to feeling like myselfsad The physical symptoms send me into a panic attack. Does anyone get sensations of cold patches on their arms or legs or other parts of the body randomly. They don't last long but are just annoying and scary especially when you have such bad health anxiety. It feels almost like an icy sensation like when you put cooling cream on your muscles and it gives a cold sensation.

2 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hypocalcemia is when your blood sugar drops ah .ive had this when working in my hair salon and not eating i get shakes etc but if i have a piece of say chocolate it settles it down . if your not eating much then this is why your prob getting it so have small anacks often during day to keep your blood sugars up as long as your not a diabetic then it be ok and drink plenty water to flush cortisol from your system .i know this all sounds a lot but its not really .

• Edited

I have been searching all over the internet to try and find out why I'm getting these weird random cold sensations like an ice cube being put on me.. are you still having them too? My doctor didn't seem concerned when I told him.

• Posted

I have the same cold feeling too ..... it started with the outer part of my left ear and top of head ...... now it's been going on for a year and it can happen at any time, to any part of my body, and I'm not stressed or anxious ...... it keeps me awake all night most nights, unless I take a sleeping tablet.

The sensation usually lasts hours and sometimes days. The worst thing is, on a day when it's effecting multiple parts of my body at the same time 😫 it's just horrendous. The thing I do that helps me is, I get my electric heated blanket and wrap it around me and sometimes I even have to put a hot water bottle on my head too, that's how bad it is. When it's only one or two areas I can cope, but more than that at any one time, just unbearable.

I've had MRI, CT SCAN, lumber puncher and bloods done numerous times and still no answers 😒 I was in the hospital for 2 weeks having tests done last October, I feel like I'm going crazy! The neurologist in the hospital said it was a type of migraine, it was only in my ear and head then, before it spread to others parts of my body.

I'm waiting to see another neurologist on June 28th, it's €480 to see him, I pray that I get an answer to what's causing this πŸ™πŸ€ž

• Posted

i get this for the past few days but my stress levels were really bad the past two days an it got worse so am wondering if its to do with my health anxiety as its so bad at the min .. i get shaky hands alot even when i do nothin its all been since my anxiety come back x the cold feeling is like my skin is gettin cold cloth on me or tiny splashes tingles x

• Posted

I am also having these weird cold like menthol sensations all over my body and face. It started around my left eye and cheek. I get this feeling at all random spots over my body now. I have had full bloods done and even had a brain scan as I was so concerned. All came back ok. I have always been an anxious person and think it is coming back to bite me on the butt!! Fingers and wrists ache also. I have recently been worrying about my mortality and having health anxiety that has been getting out of control. It is good to know I am not the only one. Would be good to know what is going on.

• Posted

Hi Jenny I have the same cold menthol sensation as you. What did the doctor say? When i told my doctor, GP doc & Neurologist, they can't seem to understand what i m going through.

• Posted

Hi, im wondering if anything ever came of this for you? I too have been having muscle twitching for about 9 months. Starting with my left thigh and then spreading to my whole body. It mainly happened in my right temple now.

The cold spot on my left cheek started about a week ago and the timing is super randomized.

I recently had blood work done which does elevated calcium and low vitamin d. Dr suspected hyperparathyroidism but tsh and pth showed up normal.

• Posted

I sometimes feel random cold patches all over. I get muscle twitching in the abdomen. It comes and goes. My problem has nothing to do with room temperature, but seems to coincide with high stress levels.

• Posted

I think you should try warming up the room you sleep in, this improves sleep and it will improve on the problem you are facing.

• Posted

hey there, may i know what type of cold sensations exactly? and on which parts of the body do you often feel them? if you feel cold sensations as if you have touched a wet cloth and your part is waxy and cold and that shifts from one part of the body to another and comes back on the same part and if there no other underlying cause then this is most probably anxiety.

• Posted

I too have been facing exactly similar symptoms since a week or so again, after a gap of 1 year....I had this burning sensation in feet and palms last year...and i took vitamin B12 supplements for 4 months...

This time, since a week, i have slight burning sensation in feet, particularly after walking with shoes...along with that, tingling sensations in finger tips, cold patches of skin at the back, as if sweat is there. Also, one observation is that, whenever such symptoms appear, my body weight increases suddenly....i too feel it gets more worse when i think of it and google it...

I was extremely stressed on some personal issue last year, related to health...

Hope someone gets some good solution for this...

• Edited

This reply is waiting to be moderated

We sometimes need to review content before it’s published to make sure it meets the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.
  • Posted

what are the sensations like? I went to the chiropractor for neck pain and after i went I started getting faint feelings. My neck pain got worse, one day i was sitting at the table and felt like i was going to pass out. After it passed i had this sensation in my neck like someone put a cold water bottle on it or cooling gel. The next day i noticed it had spread to my head and even down my back. it is still here and that was 3 days ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.