Please help!! Sensations of cold patches on random parts of body

Posted , 41 users are following.

I have extreme health anxiety and have been going through a very bad episode for the past 3 months. I just can't can back to feeling like myselfsad The physical symptoms send me into a panic attack. Does anyone get sensations of cold patches on their arms or legs or other parts of the body randomly. They don't last long but are just annoying and scary especially when you have such bad health anxiety. It feels almost like an icy sensation like when you put cooling cream on your muscles and it gives a cold sensation.

2 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have this funny cold sensation feeling that attacks randomly on my body especially on my arms & face. I do not know how to describe the feeling but it feels like tingling sensation (like blood flows after the numb effect) and will feel cold underneath my skin. I have been having it for more than 5 months. Went to see Neurologist but i don't think the doctor understand what I am going through and he keep saying I am fine. When it attacks me, it feels very uncomfortable.Am I in serious sickness?

• Posted

This has happened to me a number of times over the years, the most recent being a couple of hours ago which has got me here. It's always the same I am indoors, its it is not raining, there is no sign of leak in the ceiling and for no apparent reason I feel a small drop of water on my skin.

Today it was three or four times on my hands arm but I have felt all over the body over the years. I feel it the most when I expect it or think of it .I have also felt it when my legs are under the table. It doesn't depend on the wetness but on how wetness sensors are working. For more information you can read discussions section and significance section from this.

• Edited

it's actually refreshing and hopefully to know someone else out there has the same as me. mine is extreme heat in random places from my chest up. more evident in back of my neck and scalp. it's bad... I could rather do with cold spots. I have MS 12 years now and thermostat is stuck on heat although this heat thong only been last 2 years. the inflammation is so bad and the doctors just can't figure it out. if been to gynae and he did ultra sound. said my ovaries are way smaller then what they should be at age 45. the night sweats is the worst. I wake up literally soaked. been taking menograine 3 times a day. it helps but does not stop. I can't anymore. now it's 3am and I can't sleep. I'm burning up but meter shows no fever. temp is 35.6. has anyone had a reply from a nurse or doctor that picked up this yet???? oh and no rash or bites anywhere

• Posted

I know this was a long time ago but did you ever find out what was going on with yourself? im literally going through each and everyone of these symptoms..

• Edited

For about a week now, I will randomly feel a cold sensation in a small area at the back of my left thigh towards the top. It feels like icy hot was put on the area. very cold, but could also be perceived as hot (if that makes sense) Its so strange. Ive had a migraine attack as well this week (a bad one) and alot of heartburn.

• Posted

im also suffering from cold sensation when i go mall or colder places its always around my inner thighs. any know if it does goes away?

• Posted

i too started getting this horrible cold sensation on my left leg couple days ago it is constantly there but it gets more intense at times. I have vitamin D deficiency and as I see on here that lots of people who had these sensations also has vitamin D deficiency. so my guess is this is the reason. as this is one thing most of us have in common other than this cold sensations. Best thing to do is go and get your doctor to do blood test to check your vitamins. if you don't want to go to doctors just take over the counter vitamin D tablets. but I strongly recommend to go and see the doctor as it could be something more serious. although vitamin D deficiency also very serious as it did for me, it can cause lots of other problems. I had very badly swollen feet, wrist, arm and hands. After 7 weeks of strong vitamin D treatments my wrist and arm is still swollen but feet are not as bad as they used to be. although my right heel is still numb and the veins next to the heel are very swollen and extremely painful. . while I'm hoping it will all get better, I keep getting these new symptoms instead. I feel like I'm never gonna get better.

Good luck to you all and really hope you all feel better by now as I know these posts were sent while ago.

• Posted

I started feeling these weird sensations like someone is taking a piece of ice and touching my skin quickly. They happen randomly on random locations of my body. Nothing consistent. Mine started when I had a very bad experience with nasal surgery and seemed to gradually get better until my family dog passed of which the sensations ramped back up. No one seems to understand my description. This is the only place I've found where other people have experienced the same symptoms exactly. I've started taking some B12 since mine had been showing as low but normal before the surgery and I have read anesthesia can negatively affect B12 levels. I hope the vitamins and time help calm these sensations.

• Posted

im so glad i found this forum and this post. I feel all of this plus several other symptoms. no one seems to listen doctor wise, I've been having stomach problems, they think I have nerve issues but I haven't started the meds yet. it's so concerning. I feel like my body is attacking itself in some way. I use to have anxiety when I was in middle school and high-school, but it has never ever felt like this and all the other symptoms I've experienced.

• Edited

I',m 25

My symptoms are similar to yours and more. Squeezing pain in my left thigh I don't get it my right. I have cold sensation in abdominal organs and cold toes for chunks of time. Sluggish bowels with constipation. Itchy skin, shortness of breath and a sinus infection. A torn muscle in my left thigh adductor longus muscle with denervation changes that was discovered via mri. im no expert but it's hard to believe or I can't accept that a small tear in my leg if it has caused neuropathy nerve damage that it's reach is this great. You might think it would just cause neuropathy waist down but it's all over!. pins needles and twitching too. I've been told it's anxiety and depression but one condition i have it's not a symtpom per se is erythromelalgia which can be a consequence of neuropathy and there isn't a psychogenic origin which i can find online. so perhaps those other symtpoms aren't psychogenic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.