Possible inguinal hernia pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I am on the waiting list to have an inguinal hernia operation. I have developed a very occasional pain in my stomach and the section just below the ribs. Is this connected to my hernia or could it be something totally unrelated.

thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi i have a bilateral inguinal hernia, i am waiting fir a NHS phone call to discuss surgery options, but as my GP has only just referred me, don't think it will be very soon, though I hope so.

i get pain each groin area which does extend to my stomach, depends where the hernia is I guess, was usually worse in the morning, but recently builds up during the day. bothers me a little sleeping on my side, but doesn't stop me sleeping

the pain is pretty constant, but not severe, even spreads to my shoulders, as odd as that sounds, maybe a nerve

? have joined benenden but have to be a member for 6 months before getting private treatment. so if the NHS doesn't sort it

in 6 months i have that option, or £2950 fixed price open surgery in London. lot cheaper than local, £4200

good luck

• Posted

Hi, if you are facing the symptoms like a visible bulge in the affected area, cough, heartburn, difficulty swallowing, shooting pains, vomiting and constipation then you are suffering from a hernia and this is the stage that you need a perfect treatment for your hernia problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.