Pregabalin/bladder problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone find that Pregabalin causes leaky bladder and constantly "needing"?

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

actually i find it to be quite the opposite as i don't need to go as frequently. also having harder time completely emptying my bladder. Issues also could be caused by just getting older and having 3 kids. if it gets worse will see a urologist to make sure nothing is going on but for now can handle it.

• Posted

Fust shows how different we all are. Some on Healthunlocked have same probs. as I

• Posted

I have had urinary problems following prostate surgery 12/13 years ago and I have an AUS (artificial urinary sphincter) fitted (great device), With this, I have no problems at all relating to Pregabalin with any leakage.

• Posted

Glad you've no Pregabalin leak! Think my prob. occorred when I upped the dose, gone back to previous and things easier. Thanks for reply.

• Posted

Hi Chris,

I have been on a dosage of 425mg per day and later a dose of 375mg per day, I have reduced this to 300mg per day with a target dosage of 225mg per day over the next 9 months.

I was always guided by this link and my doctor for dosage and it might be worthwhile looking at this.

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/pregabalin.html

This might be helpful for others looking at their dosage. I am 71 years old (but very active and just finished a law degree) and realise that I may need a stronger dose later on in my life and I want to know its their if I need it.

I must also remark I have peripheral neuropathy and this may be totally different from mental problems.

• Posted

Thanks for detailed and helpful reply(including link) I am 80 years old and on 100mg twice daily. Was doing well on 50 mg twice daily but made the mistake of thinking more is better and doc. was willing to increase dose However higher dose too much - been taking it for some months now so I have gradually cut back to 50 mg twice daily. I am taking it for peripheral neuropathy which I now think has not been diagnosed correctly in the first place (long story). I was very fit and active like you till my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's when I was about 70 I cared as well as I could at home for as long as possible but he had eventually to be admitted to hosp. now in care home. Long spell of caring took it's toll and I had heart failure at 78, had. op ok (another long tale!).

Sorry for rabbiting on, hope your PN is now sorted. I don't think I would like to use Pregabalin for mental health as I suspect in time it would cause these sort of probs. ! Cograts. on the degree by the way

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Its not often I can speak to my elder 😃 and one so good a conversationalist. I'm am also married to a Chris (christine), a wonderful lady who has put up with me for 48years [she deserves a medal 😃] !!!

I was on the high dose of pregabalin and had some quite poor episodes of GLOOM, I think depression is too strong a word), I hope you can understand? It was only later that I married the episodes with when I had missed my pregabalin doses.

I had a new aortic valve put in a couple of years ago, we are only bits and pieces 😃. My young sister is a theatre sister in the largest Bupa hospital in Bushey, near Watford. She is in charge of three operating theatres and has 'scrubbed' for many top surgeons. She is well versed on many procedures, have you noticed that there are no longer operations, just procedures. It must be easier to cost procedures as its all about money these days.

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Thanks you for lovely and understanding reply! Seems we have bits and bobs in common. I know the feeling about speaking to one's elders, two of my dearest friends died a few years back (both in their 90s - 92 and 95) how I miss them ....they were younger in spirit than many in their 20s. I am almost afraid of contacting folks in case they've died, if you know what I mean. I have been married to my husband for 57 years and our situation now is nothing that I could have anticipated. Thankfully husband is to a large extent unaware

It is an aortic valve that I also had replaced - added really as Tavi leaves "old " one and attaches new...if I have understood PROCEDURE correctly! Your sister sounds amazing bet she can tell you some tales. I think you have confirmed my opinion of Pregabalin by the way

See that email address has been removed. Yours or mine? I'm a bit on the dim side and don't know which.If you don't mind "What is your forename? Wouldn't think it's MINIUMVINI - or is it?

Bye for now. and how does one use private message? another procedure?

• Posted

His Chris,

it's Derek and NIMIUMVINI my monocle is latin for 'too much wine', which my son gave me, always a smart Alex!! (Phillip). Regarding your husband Chris is going through much the same with an auntie who is in stage 6 alzheimers and it's very trying. Actually she is a very good daughter and looks after her mother (92) and also auntie (94).

Her mother is suffering from osteoporosis her back is crumbling, she is bent over and now only about 4 feet tall, I feel so sorry for her she has been a great mother in law, although I would never tell her:-). The auntie is the lady with alzheimers and she is going blind, macular degeneration, so all in all Christine does have a lot to contend with.

It's amazing how many medical things you learn as you get older, I feel if I was to do a medical degree I could g straight into 3rd year:-). I feel that this web site redacts any email address's for privacy sake.

Let them try and redact that 😃

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi Derek/Chris,

I have "redacted" the attempt to post the email address. There is a good reason we don't publish them as you are opening yourself up to spammers etc if email is posted.

If you want to swap emails then to use the Private Message service just click the envelope under each other's name, see below. Note: there will not be an envelope under your own name but it will appear for other users.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thanks for this info Alan, Emis_ Moderator - appreciated...never even noticed envelope!

• Posted

Thanks Derek, love your son's Moniker could also be mine (sadly in the past that was) Thanks also for the additional details of your life, good of you to share I'm going to visit husband now always trying but I worry if I don't Give my regards to YOUR Chris x

I expect you were also sent details of how to private message

• Posted

Hi Derek, got into a bit of a muddle with trying to store your email, if you've received mine kindly ignore and perhaps keep to messages meantime. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.