pregabalin side effects.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm on my third day on preg And about half an hour after taking them I get such a woozy feeling. I'm also on mirtazapine for depression and tramadol for pain relief. Does anyone else get this feeling. ?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I used to get it. Horrible feeling, mine did not go away and had other side effects so I'm coming off them now.

Do they make you sick at all.

• Posted

What other side effects did you get fanta? Thanks for reply.x
    • Posted

After taking them I'd feel so sick and sometimes be sick, dizzy, headaches all the time, depression got worse. Since being on them I had terrible nightmares waking up in sweats. The main one is since I started I kept getting heart palpitations and they finally got to a stage where I just couldn't cope anymore and the Dr told me to stop them straight away.

I've never had an issue with my feet/ankles swelling but since being on them I would wake up and they'd be puffy. Since stopping I have not had this problem once.

Weight gain while taking them was also terrible went from 10 stone to 17 but its slowly getting back to normal as I'm 12stone now.

• Posted

I was fine for two weeks and they helped my neck pain. At last I'd found an effective pain killer. Then the horrible nausea started ,dizzy ,headaches,mood swings, overly emotional. Weird thoughts. I went to GP yesterday who suggested I cut down but persevere. I have headache,hungry all the time incredible nausea and still have neck pain. I'm coming off them. Going back to low dose of amitryptiline for sleep and the odd tramadol for pain which I hate too. Be careful if you have depression as I started getting very negative thoughts. Good luck
  • Posted

I also feel as if I'm walking like I'm drunk too. And nauseous .
  • Posted

Im on my second day and I'm on 75mg twice a day. After taking my tablet this morning I  also feel like i'd been drinking! It's a very strange feeling. I have been told that the symptoms should settle down in a few days. I'm worried about being able to my job as i'm a teaching assistant. Hopefully the pharmasist is right and the drunking will go away!! Does anyone know how long I will feel like this after each tablet??

• Posted

I've been on pregablin for about 2 to 3 months and am at 75mg twice a day and 60mg duloxetine for pain.

Side effects still remain. Very dry mouth, feeling dizzy, lack of apetite. I was told the side effects don't get worse. I'm also very forgetful and get the shakes.

As a bloke the drugs also cause erectile issues and inability to ejaculate as they block nerve function, so you lose sensitivity all over.

• Posted

My side effects never went away. I always felt drunk when I took them. Everyone is different though.

Recently after talking to a friend about my tablets she told me she was on pregabalin she said she had zero side effect and they made her feel so much better- I think she's the only one though hah!

I hope they calm down for you soon

• Posted

Hi ouchy.

I've been on them for almost two weeks now and still no sign of the side effects easing but I guess it's still early days.

• Posted

Hi fanta550

It's only been two weeks and I still feel tipsy (as opposed to drunk) when I take them but they don't really help with the pain. I've also noticed that .u tongue is tingly all the time. It's a really odd feeling with no real benefit. Do you know if I can take pain relief as well?

• Posted

It's the first time I have used this disgussion. I was put on Pregabalin, which I had to have a dose which went to 600mg. I was in such a mess with them that I couldn't talk properly, weight gain they say was not a problem while i was on this, but I knew different. I got so fed up with it, I just stopped taking them and realised I was doing more harm than good and these tablets need to be weened off slowing. I have M S and I have still not got medication that agree's with me. So it's onward and upward I think.
    • Posted

Aww poor you!

I really hope they get something sorted out for you soon.

• Posted

I am on 400mg daily and find weight gain a big problem. I can't afford to gain weight as I'm only 5ft and already weigh 9st 7lb and have prolapsed discs in lower spine so the more weight the more pain I have. I went a few days without my dose which then was 300mg daily and wow did I suffer withdrawal effects..didn't do it purposely we were away and I ran out had to ring nearest hospital and have a script wrote up right away. I want off them but gonna need something else to combat the thoughts that run away with themselves. Don't even know if it's anxiety my psychiatrist put me on them said it was.
  • Posted

It was my third day of this junk where I quitted, it made me feel horrible too... and reading all the experiences here and the long list of side effects, especially when you quit, I quit before I was trapped.

Research medical cannabis. I have peripherial neuropathy and spent countless nights (and all day long) in pain on all my fingers and toes. The day I finally man up and went to a Cannabis club, my life changed. Vapirizing is healthy as you are not smoking it, and the THC of the cannabis works like a fabulous pain killer... I recovered my life since these last two months, and only a small amount is needed, you can still function and do life properly. You can consume a little at nights, before bed, you will sleep like a baby  [smile]  If you suffer during the day, you can also smoke in the morning, but depending on your life style it might not be possible, as medical cannabis does get you high. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.