pregabalin side effects.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm on my third day on preg And about half an hour after taking them I get such a woozy feeling. I'm also on mirtazapine for depression and tramadol for pain relief. Does anyone else get this feeling. ?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well I'm now off the stuff. Reduced dose over two weeks. No major withdrawal issues as on duloxetine as well which is similar.

The twitching, tremors and sleep twitches not good. Uncontrollable and I was like a dizzy blond. Pain back on the increase but side effects were worse.

• Posted

What is Duloxetine used for if you don't mind me asking as I want of Lyrica too?
    • Posted

It's a second level antidepressant but used for pain, anxiety and also over reactive bladders.

So if taking for pain it does bung you up quite a bit. Going to stop this one too due to side effects. Excessive sweating isn't funny especially in an office.

• Posted

It's used for mood disorders..anxiety and neurological symptoms. I have all 3 plus it doesn't carry the weight gain effect. I'm praying my psychiatrist will wean me of Lyrica and give me it. I see her next week so I'll know then. I don't have great confidence in her but I'm gonna pray.
  • Posted

Sorry no but I'm no one to go by really as I tolerate new meds fairly well except for serequel but then my psychiatrist sent me from a very small dose to an extremely large one overnight. Had to stop it right then.
  • Posted

Hi, I've been on preg (Lyrica) for over a year, the first 3 months I was knocked out, kept dropping things, dizzy etc. I, like you also take Tramadol (have been for donkeys years). Again, I am also on antidepressants. So I would say stick with them IF they help you. All the best, I hope you will find some relief somehow! Gill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.