Skip to content
Ad

Pregabalin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• weird symptoms.

Avatar universal weird symptoms all day everyday. chels12455 okay, so i’ve been having. the weirdest & most uncomfortable symptoms lately & i need some insight on what people might think it sounds like, because so far, my doctors haven’t figured anything out. my symptoms are:  brain...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • weird symptoms.

Avatar universal weird symptoms all day everyday. chels12455 okay, so i’ve been having. the weirdest & most uncomfortable symptoms lately & i need some insight on what people might think it sounds like, because so far, my doctors haven’t figured anything out. my symptoms are:  brain...

Posted
  • Anyone take pregabalin and venlafaxine together?

Hi, I have GAD and have been taking 300mg of pregabalin for the last two months. It has help a little but still extremely anxious. My next step is either to increase to 400mg or turn to venlafaxine. Has anyone ever been on pregabalin and venlafaxine at the same time and did it work? Also what doses were...

Last reply
  • GAD

Hi all. So basically I suffer from GAD and bad panic attacks... Been recently prescribed pregabalin in addition to other meds for panic attacks and anxiety. Im on 150 mgs BD and it is definitely helping me after a month on it but I'm just wondering is anyone else on here prescribed this and have...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin and Codeine

Hi there. I was just wondering if it was ok to take Pregabalin and Codeine together. I have been taking Codeine for about three years now and won't be able to stop cold turkey. I am about to take Pregabaln for the first time tonight and usually take two codeine before bed as well. I'm worried...

Last reply
  • Generic Pregabalin Reviews

Looking for people's experiences with generic pregabalin as opposed to Pfizer brand Lyrica. Having tried two differ ent generic versions ( Teva & Actavis ) my view is that they were totally ineffective and had nasty side effects As a result I will now only accept the Lyrica brand manufacturered...

Last reply
  • GAD & Depression

I've been diagnosed with GAD & Depression i lost my home & job and somewhere along the line GAD  started its brought me to my knees i find its crushing me and by far the hardest thing thats ever happened to me normal day 2 day life no longer exists things like shopping using public transport...

Last reply
  • Lyrica Withdrawal Help Please

I have managed to get my pregalin down from 600MG a day to 300MG (150 morning & night) and i should that hard enough has anyone come down further an and what would their advice me as i really want off of this - been on 6 years and lowering the past week. Any advice would be soooo much appreciated....

Last reply
  • Lyrica for Sciatia Related Pain

In 2006 I had surgery for a pinched nerve in the L5-S1 area which was a success. About 2 years ago the symptoms I had when I had the surgery slowy started to come back over time. Earlier this year I had an MRI and went to see an Orthopedic Surgeon (same one that did the original surgery). He said that...

Last reply
  • Switching from Pregabalin to Venlafaxine

Hi, I have GAD and was on pregabalin but have now been asked by my doc to swap to venlafaxine. He has said to start the venlafaxine at the same time that I start to reduce the pregabalin. Swapping the meds over a period of a week or two. Has anyone else done this and how did they do it? Were there...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin for severe anxiety. Yes or no

I have severe debilitating anxiety which has not responded to SSRIs or other similar drugs. I have the option of going on to Pregabalin, but having done some research I find some people singing it's praises and others saying that it has huge potential for addiction and dependency as well as horrendous...

Last reply
  • how do i ween off 75mg lyrica please

hello ive only been on lyrica for 6 days now .Im finding the 75mg dose to strong 1 a day is what i am takeing.I was wondering if the capsule can be split in half so i take half of that per day .then was wondering how long does it take to ween off compleatly if i decide to come off compleatly off the...

Last reply
  • How to reduce from 25mg of Pregablin to come of this medication

About 9 months ago I was prescribed small dose of Pregabalin 25mg, Now whilst this has helped my pain, it takes me a while to(come to in the morning) plus I have periods of nodding off when I least expect it  For this reason perhaps I should be coming off this medication because if it has these...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin @ 400mg?

Hi, I am diagnosed with GAD. At present am on 300mg pregabalin 3 x 100mg a day. Thinking of upping dose and asked GP what next dose is. He said 400mg at 4 x 100mg tablets. Has anyone else had this and how did you arrange the doses throughout the day.? Find it hard enough with 3 doses. Thanks

Posted
  • Pregabalin for anxiety - does it work? side effects?

21 yrs old - Diagnosed with GAD and panic attacks at 16 CBT, counselling, relaxation and mindfulnes, SSRIs + beta blockers have all been unhelpful Diazepam has so far been the only thing to help with my panic attacks Started 150mg daily (75mg x2/day) pregabalin / lyrica for GAD Please share...

Last reply
  • pregabalin withdrawal

has anyone successfully withdrawn from pregabalin using valium as a substute. I have asked my doc to substitue but she is not willing to do this, as I am already addicted to valium it would only be one addiction to deal with,  pregab acts in a diff way to valium and I think it might be easier to...

Last reply
  • Tolerance Withdrawal

Has  anyone experienced, or read about, tolerance withdrawal with Pregabalin. I.e. The body craves more and gives withdrawal symptoms even if you haven't stopped taking them. 

Last reply
  • Pregabalin Withdrawal Timescale and Symptoms

I have been on 600mg Pregabalin for 2 years for muscle spasms in the back as a result of the muscles in the left lumbar region apparently distrophying.   I have been warned about hyperalgesia syndrome and have been trying to self withdraw from the drug.  300mg per day to start with and achieved...

Last reply
  • Just starting this med tonight....................Pregabalin

Hey guys,  Im just starting this tonight and am 75mg twice a day, one at night and one in the morning. Im also on an anti depressant and propranolol twice a day also. Ive been using the anti depressants for a year now and don't have any side afftects from them now. Ive also had the propranolol...

Last reply
  • lyrica vs accord, zentiva,leaceant and 30 or more other companies

Lyrica Approval History FDA approved: Yes (First approved December 30th, 2004) Brand name: Lyrica Generic name: pregabalin Dosage form: Capsules Company: Pfizer Inc. Treatment for: Neuropathic Pain, Postherpetic Neuralgia, Fibromyalgia, Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy, Epilepsy. Lyrica (pregabalin) is...

Posted
  • Changed from Lyrica to Rewisca brand of Pregablin

Hi, I have been taking Lyrica Pregablin for a year, slowly upping dosage from 25mg twice a day, to then 50mg twice daily. This is for the pain from Guillain Barre syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I have had no side effects and decent pain relief. But when I was put onto my 75mg twice daily, the Gp told me...

Last reply
  • Lyrica for anxiety 75mg twice a day

Started on the above 10 days ago. First capsule i took i was asleep not long after, woke up feeling in a daze, doctor advised me to have one a day for few days. I have been taking two a day for 8 days. In this time, i have fell downstairs twice, developed a rash, past two days have had an intense pain...

Last reply
  • Pregablin for anxiety.

Has anyone been put on pregablin for anxiety?? I had bad reactions to ssris so docs have gave me pregablin, I'm terrified of taking it due to reactions from other meds, think it's gave me a phobia of tablets, even tho I want to feel better more then anything in this world, I just hear loads of...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin...what an awfully nasty drug!

Ive been on lyrica for many years now and am trying to withdraw for about the 5th time. This is the most heinous medication/drug I have ever taken. I take 600 mg/day for GAD but can safely say it now makes my anxiety worse than it ever was when never medicating, what a paradox. The side effects which...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Hi everybody the doctor up my dose of sertraline from 150mg to 200mg I've been on 200mg for 5 weeks it's making me wores l feel space out feel like I'm not with it! I've dropped it back to 150mg can anybody tell me how long will it take the extra 50mg to get out of my system

Posted
  • Pregabalin and nerve pain due to prolapsed disc?

Hi my name is donna and i have suffered with my back for 10 years, mainly due to reoccouring prolapsed disc's.I have had spinal surgery twice and am awaiting to have spinal surgery again due to my L4 disc now prolapsing. I have had many pain medications over the years and currently i am taking paracetomol...

Posted
  • Pregabalin V's Lindocaine patches

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone has had much experience with lidocaine patches and how effective they are? I was prescribed pregabalin for nerve pain but couldn't stand the side effects and so now have  been prescribed lidocaine patches. I have taken them for a week but have been told that...

Posted
  • Pregablin and Fluoxetine drug interaction??

Hi ​I wondered if anyone has been on Pregablin and Fluoxetine at the same time, and whether this caused an interaction at all?  I am currently on 60mg Fluoxetine but also still on 100mg Pregablin (which I am slowly coming off of).......I wonder whether being on the two at the same time could be...

Last reply
  • 225 mg enough for 15+ year Generalized Anxiety Dissorder?

Hi all, I started using Lyrica 2 months ago (2x75 mg) for GAD (for 15+ years) and it made some anxiety dissapear. Let's say it brought it to the background. Unfortunately the effect is slowly getting less and less. That's why I'm on 225mg now. 2x 75 in the morning and 1x 75 in the afternoon....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.