Skip to content
Ad

Pregabalin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Lyrica for anxiety 75mg twice a day

Started on the above 10 days ago. First capsule i took i was asleep not long after, woke up feeling in a daze, doctor advised me to have one a day for few days. I have been taking two a day for 8 days. In this time, i have fell downstairs twice, developed a rash, past two days have had an intense pain...

Last reply
  • Pregablin for anxiety.

Has anyone been put on pregablin for anxiety?? I had bad reactions to ssris so docs have gave me pregablin, I'm terrified of taking it due to reactions from other meds, think it's gave me a phobia of tablets, even tho I want to feel better more then anything in this world, I just hear loads of...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin...what an awfully nasty drug!

Ive been on lyrica for many years now and am trying to withdraw for about the 5th time. This is the most heinous medication/drug I have ever taken. I take 600 mg/day for GAD but can safely say it now makes my anxiety worse than it ever was when never medicating, what a paradox. The side effects which...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Hi everybody the doctor up my dose of sertraline from 150mg to 200mg I've been on 200mg for 5 weeks it's making me wores l feel space out feel like I'm not with it! I've dropped it back to 150mg can anybody tell me how long will it take the extra 50mg to get out of my system

Posted
  • Tolerance Withdrawal

Has  anyone experienced, or read about, tolerance withdrawal with Pregabalin. I.e. The body craves more and gives withdrawal symptoms even if you haven't stopped taking them. 

Last reply
  • Pregabalin Withdrawal Timescale and Symptoms

I have been on 600mg Pregabalin for 2 years for muscle spasms in the back as a result of the muscles in the left lumbar region apparently distrophying.   I have been warned about hyperalgesia syndrome and have been trying to self withdraw from the drug.  300mg per day to start with and achieved...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin and nerve pain due to prolapsed disc?

Hi my name is donna and i have suffered with my back for 10 years, mainly due to reoccouring prolapsed disc's.I have had spinal surgery twice and am awaiting to have spinal surgery again due to my L4 disc now prolapsing. I have had many pain medications over the years and currently i am taking paracetomol...

Posted
  • Pregabalin V's Lindocaine patches

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone has had much experience with lidocaine patches and how effective they are? I was prescribed pregabalin for nerve pain but couldn't stand the side effects and so now have  been prescribed lidocaine patches. I have taken them for a week but have been told that...

Posted
  • Pregablin and Fluoxetine drug interaction??

Hi ​I wondered if anyone has been on Pregablin and Fluoxetine at the same time, and whether this caused an interaction at all?  I am currently on 60mg Fluoxetine but also still on 100mg Pregablin (which I am slowly coming off of).......I wonder whether being on the two at the same time could be...

Last reply
  • 225 mg enough for 15+ year Generalized Anxiety Dissorder?

Hi all, I started using Lyrica 2 months ago (2x75 mg) for GAD (for 15+ years) and it made some anxiety dissapear. Let's say it brought it to the background. Unfortunately the effect is slowly getting less and less. That's why I'm on 225mg now. 2x 75 in the morning and 1x 75 in the afternoon....

Last reply
  • Lyrica V's Serataline ??

I really need some help please....I have had anxiety for 7 years now, but it wasn't diagnosed until 3 months ago when I had another serious attack that left me unable to even walk out the front door. My doctor advised Lyrica was being used and had good results. At that point I would try anything,...

Last reply
  • Pregabalin..........wish i had know more about it

Been on 75mg twice daily of Pregabalin for 4 months now. Taking it for pain and anxiety. Also take Escitalipram 20mg daily. Decided to dump the Pregabalin. 2nd day, cold turkey and not feeling good! Very anxious indeed and sickly etc etc. I dont want to be on it anymore. I am now taking Magnesium,...

Last reply
  • Please Help me -long suffering mother of three !

Hi all I am brand new to this forum having researched withdrawing from lyrica. As a bit of background , I have been taking 300mg per day for the past three years ( since nerve damage during c section) I have AS and fibro along with chronic bladder pain syndrome and GERD. I am 36 and have three children...

Last reply
  • how do i ween off 75mg lyrica please

hello ive only been on lyrica for 6 days now .Im finding the 75mg dose to strong 1 a day is what i am takeing.I was wondering if the capsule can be split in half so i take half of that per day .then was wondering how long does it take to ween off compleatly if i decide to come off compleatly off the...

Last reply
  • Update - further withdrawal Lyrica from 100mg to 75mg

I am in similiar situation. Was on 200mg Lyrica and 20mg Escitalipram (Lexapro) in January I stopped taking Lexapro after a quick decrease from 20mg to 5mg to 0mg so am off SSRI's since. The same time, I coldturkey dropped from 200mg to 100mg Lyrica, it was torture to say the least for about a month...

Last reply
  • Changed from Lyrica to Rewisca brand of Pregablin

Hi, I have been taking Lyrica Pregablin for a year, slowly upping dosage from 25mg twice a day, to then 50mg twice daily. This is for the pain from Guillain Barre syndrome and Fibromyalgia. I have had no side effects and decent pain relief. But when I was put onto my 75mg twice daily, the Gp told me...

Last reply
  • pregabalin withdrawal

Hi there I am looking for some advice on stopping pregabalin cold turkey. I was admitted to hospital 24 days ago with severe vomitting and a few other symptoms. I was in hospital for almost a week and in that time I was unable to keep down my two daily 300mg doses at all. I was in a bad way when I came...

Last reply
  • stopping pregablin

i have been on Pregablin for 6 years  now. I'm an amputee and suffer badly with phantom pains. I want to stop taking them but fear not only the phantom pains becoming unbearable but also how I may react on other levels. I take 600mg daily. My memory has been badly affected as well as my concentration...

Last reply
  • Pregublin withdrawal

Do not suddenly stop taking pregublin believe me! I was stopped 75 mg which I was on for 5 years I was happy to stop it but the withdrawals are hell ! Knots and pains in your muscles worse than any flu severe insomnia anxiety headache woozy head absolute hell I ended up on the phone to nhs direct where...

Last reply
  • PREGABALIN

I have been given 150 pregabalin 3 times daily for severe anxiety along with fluoextine for depression. I was waking at 4 every morning before taking  pregabalin and anxiety kept me from sleeping etc. Started 150 yesterday, took one when I went to bed and slept till 9am, then fell asleep again till...

Last reply
  • 50 mg Pregabaline + 100 surmontil + 20 mg escitalopram

Hi I've been to my psychiatric last tuesday, and he prescribed be this: In the morning:  50 mg Pregabaline + 20 mg escitalopram in the afternoon: 50 mg Pregabaline Before going to bed: 50 mg Pregabaline + 100 surmontil Since then I've been feeling like a zombie; my face...

Last reply
  • Need some advice urgently please

I have recently went on these pills and not sure if it's causing this or not but really need to know. I'm getting really sore stomach and extreme tenderness on my left side intenstine and it's sore to press. I've only been on these pills for 2 weeks at 75mg. Any advice would be great...

Last reply
  • Cocktail

Hi, I'm just about to start on Regabalin - 150mg for GAD. I also take Venlafaxine - 300mg (anti-depressant), Amisulpride - 200mg (anti-psychotic), Lacosamide (anti-epileptic) - 200mg. I also suffer from a mood disorder, Peronality disorder, intrussive thoughts, epilepsy and ME. Anyway, given the...

Last reply
  • Just prescribed

I have just been prescribed lyrics for pain in my knees. My kneecaps rub against the cartilage I am worried about starting it after reading reviews. I am on Warfarin so a lot of drugs are not suitable for me. Is anyone else taking lyrica for knee pain?

Last reply
  • Lyrica tabkets

I have been on these tablets now for 6 weeks for sciatic nerve pain.  They are having some effect so I'm keeping on with them for the time being.  I take 400mg per day.  Unfortunately the worst side effect seems to be chronic constipation.  Anyone else found this to be the case? 

Last reply
  • Pregabalin rewisca and gad

Hello I was diagnosed of generalised anxiety disorder and emotional dysregulation on 28th Feb and my psychiatric put me on pregabalin 25mg twice a day for a week then 59mg for a week but I cudnt cope with the 50 as made me have bad sleepless nights and made me feel worse so I've stuck to the 25mg...

Last reply
  • Risparidone

Hello I was placed on 0.5mg of risparidone yesterday I was diagnosed of emotional regulation and gad and all I had last night was severe nightmares so I didn't take it the next day and I've felt so ill and down.. I don't want to take this drug but before that I was on rewisca pregabalin which...

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.