Mri scan brain inflammation

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone I got my brain mri results back and they found inflammation on a small part of my brain. I'm so so scared because for weeks my legs have been weak and I've been having strange sensations and symptoms. my doctor is referring me to a neurologist. I'm so so scared. I'm literally just in tears 😢. he did say it didn't look like anything serious but how can that not be serious. how am I not meant to worry about this. I'm terrified now something bad is gonna happen to me and I worry that I will have to leave my two babies. 😭 can anybody help me please I'm not coping with this. im scared this is the reason I'm feeling faint or I'm scared I will.have a seizure or something. my doctor said its really small.😭😭😭😭😭 and said not to worry but I'm can't not worry when I feel like this. and I'm scared it's encephalitis. pls help and reassure me. would my doctor have said if ut was encephalitis

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, im getting my mri results tommorow and i am also scared to see what they say. If your doctor said the inflamation is small then antiobiotics will most likely help with it but its good that your gonna see a neurologist. Im suprised your doctor didnt send you to a neurologist from the beggining. The neurologist will probably make sure its nothing serious and help with the medication and also probably do more test like the emg.

• Posted

do u think if it was serious my doctor would have sent me straight away to the hospital ?

• Posted

Im pretty sure they would have seen if it was serious but just make sure to let them know the appointment is urgent and you need to know as soon as possible for the neurologist.

• Posted

I'm just googling cerebral edema what if it's this. would this have shown up on the scan ?? im absolutely terrified. I know I shouldn't Google. yeah I'm definitely gonna try and get it for ASAP

• Posted

The condition you looked at only is for when you get a blow to the head and it would have been swelled and showed up a lot in the mri. The symptoms you are having also are not the same with this condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.