how do i ween off 75mg lyrica please

Posted , 49 users are following.

hello ive only been on lyrica for 6 days now .Im finding the 75mg dose to strong 1 a day is what i am takeing.I was wondering if the capsule can be split in half so i take half of that per day .then was wondering how long does it take to ween off compleatly if i decide to come off compleatly off the lyrica.And is it safe to take half of the 75mg has ive noticed that dose is not listed on the patient sheet ect.thankyou

4 likes, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm on 75mg twice daily, it is apparently a very potent drug but gets great results sometimes. I've only been taking it since Sunday and immediately feel dizzy as hell then Monday was awful, could hardly walk or lift my head and I thought I can't take these if this continues and luckily yesterday wasn't anywhere near as bad. It's too early to say if they will help my anxiety but I can handle them now so will stick it out. Are these same symptoms you have, I have read it can take a few weeks for the dizzy feeling to leave some people. Maybe speak to your doctor and see what they suggest.

Best wishes

• Posted

As i said to someone else i found the side effects did not diminish. My speech , memory and balance were all effected whilst on 75mg a day. The good effects did  diminsih and on balance i decided it was not a good thing to take. Everyone is different though.
  • Posted

Debbie:

Do not stop Lyrica suddenly. Lyrica is an CNS altering drug, and after a week has already started to alter your neuro-chemistry. A sudden an abrupt stoppage of this drug can create severe imbalances in your neuro-transmitters, (i.e. serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine) These neuro-transmitters are a very delicate juggling act in your brain, and a sudden stop can cause severe symptoms from seizures to serotonin induced paranoia or worse.

The effects of Lyrica loading dosages are at times, dramatic. The symptoms will ease with time, first time users often experience "zombie" like effects, as well as dream like effects during waking periods and a feeling of unreality.

Give it time to work, I use 75mg/twice daily for diabetic neuropathy, and the first two months were very scary, but it does subside.

keep faith....

grey....smile

• Posted

I was weaned off gambapentin and have been on the lyrica for a month.

I take 2 caps of 50mg./ea 3x/day or 300mg./day. My problem is I ran out

of pills and, will not get anymore for a week. I have gambapentin left, but

nothing else. Can I take the gambapentin till I get the lyrica.  

• Posted

Hi my wife has been on Lyrica 175mg twice daily for 28 days for what was a mis diagnosis of a back problem. She has now been taken off Lyrica, Thai started by only taking it once a day for two days, then cold turkey.  She is climbing the walls.

what should we do? She's having sweating periods aches and pain and feels like her chest is fluttering.

trevor

• Posted

You seriously must wean of Lyrica I tried going a weekend without it and was the same as your wife is now..You must cut down the dose gradually doctor says decrease the same way you increased hope that helps. I got off 400mg so it can be done but over time not rushed. Lordbless
    • Posted

I have to say that the side effects progressed the longer I took the pregabalin. Memory, speach, and balance were all effected , not dramatically but enough to think i dont want to be on it.
    • Posted

Hello

I've been on pregablin for 5 months and on between 225 mg and 300 mg a day. I saw my gp every 4 weeks and had my prescription renewed at every appointment. My gp told me to book a new appointment after I have an mri scan and the results but gave me the normal prescription without the auto renewal. What do I do when it runs out because it will probably be a month after I run out that I will see him.

• Posted

Good morning, my experience with Lyrica was taking my life...By Gods Grace and Mercy towards me I have been able to wean myself from 600mg to now 100mg per day. I have a lot to share about my experience with you for your wife. I understand and know how strong you have to be for her, the way my husband was always by my side. I feel like I need to share every thing that has helped me. The fastest way is for you to call me 281-692-4197...only because I understand how desperate the situation can get...we need to calm her down....no doctor could help but God...and so we pray for your wife and millions of others. There are natural remedies out there, hoping I can help.

• Posted

Can you please give us some guidance on how you tapered and any tricks to make it easier. My son in on 600 mg daily and even the tiniest decrease sends him over the edge. What did help you. Any advice is greatly appreciated especially regarding natural remedies. Thank you.

• Posted

Debbie:

BTW, Pregabalin should be started slowly, 75mg/daily for the first week, and then two 75/mg doses for the next week, until you achieve your maintenance dose, starting the full regimen of medication at once is not advised.

Give it time, it is an excellent drug.

Grey....smile

• Posted

Wow, you certainly seem to be in the know...I began taking Lyrica for Epilepsy about 18months ago, building up to 300mg per day. Side effects of dizziness and unsteadiness have been consistent throughout with no rhyme or reason on time of day or night. I now want to de-tox gradually from this medication and began reducing 75mg during night so that side effects were while I was asleep - however my evening dose (which wasn't much of a problem before) now has the same side effects while I'm awake.

?Is there a better way to space this out? what effects (& duration) are there for going cold turkey? (I understand this is not the recommended option to go off Lyrica) - just wanting to know likely side effects (which is no guarantee is what will be my side effects)

• Posted

Hi grey...your post was awhile ago, but thought I would comment anyway. I just started Lyrica for nerve pain 6 days ago.  The only side effect I've had is some sleepiness which seems to get better each day.  Starting dose is 75mg twice a day, the titrate to 3 times a day after a week.  Pharmacist says to give it 2-3 weeks to see full effect.  Not seeing much improvement just yet in the pain.

• Posted

I started on 75mg twice daily, first 2 days weren't nice at all, when should I see results. I'm on it for anxiety.

Thanks

• Edited

Hello to you and all that need help. Last summer I went to ER several times, I was experiencing chest pains and was told it was anxiety and when I called my Ins. they told me the diagnosis were suicidal. Last September I called my pcp they called the sheriff's dept. long story short I had no choice, I was admitted to the suicidal section of the hospital. It was horrible. And like I mentioned earlier by God's Grace and Mercy I was able to over come when Lyrica was demonic . So one day I walked into the Natural Rewards Health food store -Where the Lords Food Is All About Your Health- I was tested with my hand for positive and negative of my body. These are the natural way I have been able to over come without DRUGS. AnxioCalm for Nervous Tension,Anxiety,Stress Restless Sleep. Mega Magnesium, supports Optimal Muscle,Nurve and Bone Health. Magnesium Citrate liquid berry flavor, it's a white creamy liquid. Magnesium cream plus B6 helped the pain area a HOLE LOT. Magnesium citrate berry flavor, white creamy liquid. Tranquil Sleep taken with Mega Magnesium helps me sleep when nothing was working for over 10 years, I mean nothing. We also need to have a bowel movement to rid toxins, Swiss Kriss herbal laxative tans are the BEST.

Vitamin C . For pain Curamin extra strength Pain Relief....you can reach me at Thank you. God blesses you and keeps you strong.

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to its medically unsubstantiated claims. We do not support these types of claims and we recommend seeking advice from a health professional

Moderator comment: I have removed the phone number as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.