Prolactinoma and pituitary microadonoma

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello

I am very scare since i am new to this kind of disorders.please for those with experience,could you tell me how it was ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Nene what are your symptoms?

• Posted

what are you doing for the swelling? are you soaking them or elevating your feet. did you notice any decrease in swelling over the past 2 weeks?

• Posted

I put my foot in worm water and salt.It is increasing instead of decreasing and hurts.I cant wear any shoe expect slippers.I no longer know what to do .I feel like depressed now.I am always crying things have become too much.

Thank you very much people for the care .

• Posted

i'm sorry you're going through this. while you're waiting to see an endocrinologist, see if you can see a podiatrist and maybe a vascular doctor. they may be able to help or give you something to take away the swelling. how long have you been off the medication? I pray that everything gets better for you soon.

• Posted

I stopped taking medication for week but now am back to it.My endocrinologist said the swelling for the leg has nothing to do with the medication that i am taking.

• Posted

while everybody reacts differently 2 that medication, I also experienced swelling in the legs and feet while on the cabergoline. when you stop the medication did your foot get better? is he recommending that you see someone in podiatry or vascular. what is he suggesting that you do about your foot? if he doesn't have an answer or a suggestion, I would say definitely see a podiatrist or a vascular doctor. hopefully this results for you soon

• Posted

when i stopped the medication ,my foot kept swelling but they gave me medication.If does not change anything.I will go back to see my doctor.Thank you

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

• Posted

Hi,

I have a prolactinoma too, I know its all really scary initially. I was diagnosed about 5 years ago, with a macro adenoma, I think it was about 11mm. I was started on quinagolide which reduced my prolactin levels but on the second MRI scan the tumour hadn't shrunk. All we did was increase my medication dose and 6months later it was no longer visible on MRI!

We tried stopping my medication after 2 or 3 years (as in some people it completely resolves), but my prolactin level was high again so I am back on quinagolide.

Which medication have they put you on? I do tend to get some side effects after starting on them or increasing the dose but it does improve after a few weeks.

Chutney xx

• Posted

they put me on Bromocriptine but i had side effects which back pain and foot swolling.My doctor told me to stop it until i see endocrinologist again?

• Posted

I would do as your doctor suggested and stop them. When will you be able to see your endocrinologist again? It must be reassuring to know the signs you have are just side effects and hopefully they will resolve pretty quickly.

I was put in cabergoline at one point as quinagolide was out of stock and they made me feel awful so hopefully there will be a different medication that will suit yo u better

• Posted

i am not sure when i will see the endocrinologist .I hope they give me good medication because now i have spent a week without being able to do anything for myself.

• Posted

hello,

i am wondering what mental symptoms you all had before diagnosis and during both medicines cabergoline and bromocriptine. i have a Prolactinoma 6 mm. pituitary secretes both progestin and growth hormone. i have had both medicines Cabergoline first crying all the time lump in throat and GERD. i discovered on this site low estrogen causes some of that. i am menopausal so increased estrogen throat and GERD symptoms went away. i wanted to go back and try weekly Cabergoline, but Endo says to wait and stay on Bromocriptine. Mentally i have felt worse. i was on Cabergoline since Jan 1, then changed to Bromocriptine middle March. So 4 months combiation both. Anybody have the coping issues? How long mental issues might last and if they had to use a mood stabilizor medicine.. A major side note I have Cushing's with adrenal removed so low cortisol now and steroids for over a year and hypothyroid. Hormonally a mess. Any advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.