Prostate size

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was told I have a small prostate ( 20 cc ) which I dont know exactly what it means, and yet it is obstracted . Has any one has an obstracted small prostate?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

yes, am 70 and I have small prostate for 4 years now and it seems my bladder outlet is high riding and obstructs with various situations so intermittent self cathing is necessary. Have had prostatic transrectal ablasion, Holep, and Rezum'. None were curative. Now I am considering a procedure to make me incontinent and am weighing the risks continuing self cathing verses being incontinent permanently. Sleeplessness with only 1-2 hours of sleep and waking with pain is my issue. The best of all urologists I found was Christopher Diblasio in Ft Meyers, FL. Best, Mav

• Edited

Hi. Yes, mine was about 35. I had severe obstructive symptoms including occasional acute retention which required catherization. I had the Rezum procedure done in April 2022 and it was a complete failure. After a couple weeks there was modest improvement, but it only lasted a few weeks before reverting back to being as bad as ever. I am now 8 weeks out from a bi-polar button TURP and so far have had life changing success with no side effects. I recall having read somewhere that often smaller prostates have more severe symptoms. My IPSS score has gone from around 21 to 6 since my TURP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.