Prozac 3 weeks in

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I've been taking SSRI for the last 25 years starting with paroxetine which worked very well for many years. About 10 years ago these stopped working so since then I've been trying with no real success with other SSRI.

I've now been taking prozac for 3 weeks with different results.

1st 5 days i felt no different, next 5 days felt hellish but then for 4 days felt unbelievable good,euphoric almost. Sadly day 15 I started to spiral downwards again until now day 21 I'm still feeling very low. Most of my symptoms are irritation and the feeling like 80% of my brain has shut down, these were before and after prozac . This is probably the only SSRI Left to try so last throw of the dice. I've had this happy feeling before in the past in the first 2 weeks of a different SSRI but my worry is that its not going to come back again as before.

obviously something stimulated my brain to feeling good so hoping it comes back.

TIA. 👍😊

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.