Prozac anxiety night panic attacks does anyone else have experience with that?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I have been prescribed fluxuotine prozac and I am in my 4 week now on 20mg.last week on a Thursday night I had a bad panic attack I went to the doctors the next day. My doctors said prozac shouldn't cause it 🤔 and asked if I had panic attacks before? I replied my last one I had was years ago and I wasn't on tablets. I also told her that I used to take prozac fluxuotine before but I never had panic attacks with it. I can't remember if it was 10 mg or 20 mg though. Just tonight ( that's why I am up and tyling this, it's 4:41 am and I have to get up in 2 hours for work) I had another panic attack waking up my husband who helped me through it. I am afraid now that it will start more frequently. It is nearly a week ago since the last attack . My question is would it help to come down to 10 mg? And also if I want to stop taken prozac how will I go about it? Taper myself off with tablet splitter? I would appreciate any thlughts or experience on this. Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.