PSVT and bisoprolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI 

i am 24 years old and have been having an insane amount of episodes of random high pulse in Canada. got diagnosed with psvt and have been put on bisoprolol 5mg today. the doctor says i should try it for about a week to observe any side effects. 

i can go a day without any psvt attack at all, or have about 16-20 attacks a day which makes life difficult!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ohhh... I am so sorry to hear that, so young and have such symptoms... I am only on 2.5mg for my AF, and have had some difficulties with tiredness and sleepiness, but still trying to cope by adjusting my life style a bit:

1) Went to bed at 10 pm rather than 12 midnight and was so refreshed the next day, will do this whenever it's too difficult to cope,

2) Tried a lot of raw onions though I have always avoided them, and I felt so energized and ache in my left ankle and calf seemed to have been better after that,

3) I am very bad at breathing (somehow tend to hold it frequently), so trying and be careful with my breathing

I still would like to stick to medicine as it is so so comfortable to live without that wierd feeling of AF and breathlessness... It's been tolerable enough for me so far... My pulse has been like, 45 > 56 > 59 > 47 > 52 since I started taking this medicine, but the doctor said it would be coming back to be fast enough again, and I have had a very good difference between top and bottom blood pressures... Hope this kind of little efforts would work out for you as well...

• Posted

Hello again... After trying for 1 week to feel better with bisoprolol, I have decided to give up and start taking propranolol again... First I felt great with bisoprolol, but within a couple of days I felt more and more tired, and I couldn't cope with it... Hope you are getting better either way, with bisoprolol or with some other medicine...

• Posted

Hey,

i guess it's too early for me to say anything, i just had my third dose today and i have only felt dizziness just a bit apart from anything else. does bisoprolol make us sad though? or was i just sad because of the whole situation..still trying to figure that out..i hope you get better propranolol ! 

• Posted

Bisoprolol is one of Beta Blockers which crosses blood-brain barrier (even though, not as much as Propranolol, Metoprolol and Nebivolol).

It means that it has some effects on brain and central nervous system.

Some people don't have any side effects, some have dizziness, depression, anxiety, vivid dreams, headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.