PV and clot risk with covid shot

Posted , 3 users are following.

Opthamologists are observing an increase in patients with clot related vision problems within 72 hours of any brand of Covid vaccine. The problems range from total blindness to blurry vision. One type of clot has an increased risk for people with abnormal platelets and thicker than normal blood. Is anyone familiar with this and did anyone take extra precautions before getting their shot?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I read that the problem was with people who had very low platelet levels. As mine are through the roof, I was happy to have my jabs. No problems with blood clots to my knowledge. Though the jabs did seem to give me one weird and very welcome benefit. I'd been having strong nosebleeds almost every other day for about six months before my first jab. The day after the first jab, the nosebleeds stopped completely. Just bizarre. But I'm not complaining.

My OH had his jabs and then found out, from another source, that they had provided him with no antibodies at all. As if he hadn't bothered. No blood clots there either. I don't know my antibody status, but knowing my luck I'll probably be in the same boat! So we are still shielding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.