PVCs after every 2 beats, all day

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 63 year old male. This PVC started all of a sudden 2 years ago. At first, this only happened for 20 to 30 minutes where I would have a missed beat after every 2 or 3 or 4 beats, but then it would stop. But the frequency of missed beats gradually increased, and now I have PVCs all day every day. After every 2 beats I have a missed beat, and this happens day and night without stopping. Sometimes, it becomes less frequent after 5, 10, 20 beats, but it returns to the 2 beat pattern again. When this happens, I have a lot of pain in my chest and it feels like a stabbing pain, and sometimes when I have too much PVCs, I feel suffocation and light feeling of shortness of breath. Sometimes when I have pvcs, I feel light stabbing pain but not the shortness of breath. whenever I go to the doctor, they tell me I have PVCs in my ECG but the oxygen level is normal and that this is benign. My chest x-rays, blood tests, echos are all normal. I even had an angiography, and everything was clear. They say not to worry about the condition, and try to forget about it.

If anyone is able to share more of your experience with me, it will re-assure me that other people are experiencing the same thing as me and reduce my worry. Thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

feroz

That is a lot of PVCs. I have had them on an off for years. I am now 73 and they are getting worse. But they have not killed me yet, (other wise I would not have written this : ). Like many on the forum, I believe they are related to irritation of the vegas nerve. Stress, excercise, spicy food, elevated anxiety always kick up the PVCs. Since they can not be treated, we have to master them. How? I am not sure yet but I am working on it #1 don't give up. #2. Be your best when they at their worst. I heard a psychiatrist say regarding panic disorder: the patient reported elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, high anxiety etc. Her response "Is that the best you can do? I am still here and I am still alive! #3. Perhaps start or increase you BP meds(beta blockers). I talked to an elec cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic he said forget them. I know that really hard to do especially when they act up. #4. We become what we think about - when the thoughts get negative replace them with good thoughts! Read encouraging Bible versus, watch uplifiting youtube videos, turn off the nightly news listen to some good music. We are going to get through this.

• Posted

Hello,

Thank you for your reply; it was very encouraging and reassuring, and helped me. I pray that you feel better, and that your PVCs get better. Thank you for sharing the tips. In the future, if you have any changes in your symptoms and any other tips, please share with me as it is very reassuring.

Thank you and take care.

• Posted

me too. hello. youre not alone. mine were lots of beats apart then often only 2 beats apart for a period. 26000 over 6 day holter ECG ok. like you they screw me up but im not letting them define me now. I feel livht headed and sometimes that sort of chest tightness but it goes away. Im 70 relatively fit. Walk my dog 3/4 miles every day. ButI found i stopped doing things. Afraid of doing stuff. I have forced myself to do some travelling and really enjoyed myself and felt good.It is a constant battle with my brain tho. I get so negative. I have never been like this till i got these PVCs 2 years ago. Sadly I think it was right after the covid vaccine and they have never gone away.

I dont talk about them to anyone I dont want to be that neurotic person. They wont define me. Im flying to Australia 1 march to see my son and grandson. Ive been many times but it took me weeks to bite the bullet and book it. Be strong and try not to look for them. We can do this

• Posted

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience and tips; this was very encouraging and reassuring. I pray that your PVCs are reduced and that you feel better. If you have any changes in symptoms or any other tips, please share with me as it is very reassuring to share experiences.

I hope and pray that you have a safe journey and a wonderful time with your son and grandson!

Thank you again and take care

• Edited

I'm also 63 and have had PVCs for about 20 years now. They picked up a lot last summer. Some days I approached 20,000 per day. This lasted for months. My cardio believes they are benign, but could not help with them. I think Roger is correct about the vagus nerve. In order to help with my anxiety I've tried to focus on what I can control. When they were at their worst I noticed minor digestive or respiratory issues. Either can irritate the vagus nerve. So I focus on these two things. I've raised the head of my bed 6 inches to help with breathing at night. Getting a good night's sleep is very important. I use saline solution sprays and a neti pot to help with congestion. I use herbal teas to assist with digestion. For anxiety I focus on my breathing and take walks and hikes. A few deep breaths can sometimes really calm me down. I use supplements like magnesium glycinate to support heart function. I think these things are gentle, improve my health, and reduce stress on my system whether or not they affect the PVCs. I don't know if these things are directly affecting the PVCs, but I have fewer PVCs - some days I don't notice any. I figure anything like this that I can do to help myself deal is a step in the right direction. And it gives me back some control.

• Posted

Cheryl,

Thank you for your reply; it was very reassuring to hear your experience. I just went to the electrophysiologist today, and like you, 24% of all my beats are PVC from my Holter monitor from 15 days ago. He said this was a lot of PVCs. He gave me two options: to change my medication (to Sotalol) or to get cardiac ablation. I am still taking my bisoprolol (beta-blocker) right now, and waiting. But I think I may change my medication. If you have any information or experience about ablation procedure, please share. Thank you again for your reply and for sharing your tips.

Please keep in touch to share information on any changes or developments with your PVCs. I pray that you and all others have their PVCs resolved soon.

Thank you and take care.

• Posted

thats wonderful youre getting some guidance on how to improve your symptoms and even some solutions do keep us informed how youre getting on ive to have an exercise Holter on a treadmill done to see if exercies is a problem this will be months away no doubt so im still just getting in with it

chins up

• Posted

Great advice! I just had a monitior on a day where I was unusually sleep deprived and stressed and they tracked a 20% burden. I tried explaining that most days aren't that bad. My heart is structurally normal they say but they want me to see an electrophysiologist. That is not a relief at all to me. I have upped magnesium, maybe not enough, and I do think reflux plays a big role. I drink a lot of water and try not to worry a lot but I have kids that need me.

• Posted

Hi. I have had PVCs for 6 years. I have had 2 EKGs in the past month due to a request to be seen for increased frequency. My last monitor showed a 20% burden, but it was also placed on a day where I was unusually tired and very stressed. Cardiologist didn't even think I needed a monitor...on the day I saw him they were non-existent. He had ordered an echo, which was normal, and nothing else. I have days where the heartbeat is skipping every other beat for hours, and despite having a structurally normal heart, I am told I need to see an electrophysiologist. This just makes me feel worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.