Pvcs dangerous?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi my pvcs started few years ago had only like few hundreds of singles.. then i did all test and doctors said im fine. i started taking anti depessants and diazepam and for few years i was pretty good and didnt notice them very much. but for last month i get much more pvcs like 2thousand a day i think. my doctor did blood test and ecg and said im fine but how can i be fine if i get few thousand pvcs every day.. im not overweight.i lift weights.dont smoke.dont drink. but still have problem with my heart 😦 what should i do next ? should i do all tests again holter .stresstest .heart ultrasound..i did these 2 years ago..maybe something is getting worse cuz i get many more pvcs now? ..ty

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

My sympathies. You are not alone. I have been having frequent PVCs for over 2 years now. So I read that the heart does about 100,000 beats per day on average, so if you are having 2,000 per day then that is just 2% of your beats. My cardiologist told me that a PVC burden of <10% is nothing to worry about, so sounds like you are fine. My holter monitor reported a burden of 13% which was excessive, so I have been on medication ever since. I was initially prescribed Beta Blockers but they did not work, so I moved on to Flecainide which has improved my condition significantly. I still get PVCs but much less than I used to. So I'll be keeping an eye on it. Anyway, sounds like it comes down to percentages, and that 10% is the threshold . All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.