Questions

Posted , 8 users are following.

did you guys start hives all of a sudden or did it start with rashes and eventually it got worse and turned into hives does anyone know if there is antidressants that has no dairy or gluten as ingredients and when you say hives for six weeks is considered chronic does that mean hives that come and go for six weeks 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

My hives started with skin itching out of control for about 3 days then turned into hives. There's different types of hives and reasons for them. Mine are called pressure hives from autoimmune. They come and go whenever they feel like it. When I eat gluten it gets worse, so I try to stay away from it much as possible. I try to follow a celiac diet much as possible. But when I question any food I just Google the food and it will inform me if gluten free. Anything from seasoning,spices, dressings,etc...

• Posted

Ok diffrent from me mine started on my neck with little rashes with itching all night thn has gotten worse with years now for the last few mnths it turned into hives with no diagnose. Yet ive had blood test but all negative so far
  • Posted

Have any of you been tested for H Pylori. It's a bacterial infection. I have read studies that say 88% of H Pylori patients that are treated have their hives cured

• Posted

The very first thing they did for me was do a stomach scope to check for H Pyhlori, thyroid, and blood and stool. When came back negative for any bad bacteria, virus, etc... then allergy skin test for food and environment. When that was ruled out, and was over 6 weeks, then did autoimmune testing etc, was positive. Something you might wanna look into.
    • Posted

Docs here don't do much ive had this 3 yrs and they brush me off

• Posted

Which country are you from? Your doctor followed a good procedure. For me nothing like this tested. But I did all the research myself and got rid of the hives for almost 1 and half year.
    • Posted

I live USA! Yes I have great Drs! They did everything possible to rule everything out, before final diagnosis. I'm doing better this week. With meds and change of diet helped a lot!

• Posted

Yes I was tested! Had stomach scope and stool tested for that both negative. Thank God!
  • Posted

Mine started suddenly and impressively! Itchy skin that turned into blisters that became open sores that merged together so my whole body was a raw mass of weeping tissue! They tested for Pemphigus and that was negative- in fact I've had ever test known to man and they've all come back negative!! If it weren't for the fact that my condition was so physically obvious our current medical tests would give me a clean bill of health!! I've given up and accepted a life of pain.

• Posted

I wanted to share my experience with hives as I think it'll help someone who is struggling. About ten years ago I started getting hives in the middle of the night, just out of nowhere it seemed. Sometimes my eyelids and mouth swelled up too. I would be awake at all hours of the night trying to calm the hives/swollen areas down, taking walks in the cool air and applying ice. I even had to email a professor and tell her I would be late because my lips had swollen to look like Angelina Jolie's ! I went to see an allergist and he took all the tests to see what the allergen was.It turned out to be wheat...as in wheat in the field when you rub against it. Not very helpful at all. After a few months the hives disappeared. Just two months ago I started getting hives again. I thought it was due to a change in weather as I'd been traveling in a cooler climate. Again the hives increased and my eyelids and mouth would sometimes be swollen. My doctor didn't think it was anything allergic and told me to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist, who was great, didn't think it was anything allergic also and put me on Prednisone for five days. That totally eliminated the hives for a week but then they came back .I tried taking Loratidine twice a day and that didn't help that much. However just two days ago I happened to be researching vitamins and hives,which led to vitamin D and hives. I found a study that showed that chronic hives sufferers taking 4,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily experinced a 33% reduction of symptoms within the first week of taking the D3. That made me sit up and notice.I went out and got vitamin D3 and took 4,000 IU of it. The next day my hives were a lot less inflamed and fewer.Today I have barely any hives and for the first time in a long time they aren't itchy at all.I'm going to keep going with the 4,000 IU of D3 daily as perhaps my vitamin D levels are low. Good luck !

• Posted

Actually I read that to but im only taking 1000 a day and started taking antidrepressants with anti itching in it and it seems to help but i will go up to at least 2000 ui a day but i also read that if you take to much of vit d3 and you dont need it it could affect you negatively have to watch things
    • Posted

Taking vitamin D for long periods of time in doses higher than 4000 units daily is POSSIBLY UNSAFE and may cause excessively high levels of calcium in the blood. However, much higher doses are often needed for the short-term treatment of vitamin D deficiency. This type of treatment should be done under the supervision of a healthcare provider.
    • Posted

I'm not taking any more than 4,000 IU daily. Also I will be seeing my dermatologist next week so I will discuss this with him. Thank you for your concern.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.